Anxiety

Rudy x f!reader

Warnings: SAD(but also sweet) anxiety... This is how I personally deal with these things and how they effect me. It's different for everyone though.

Prompt: Rudy has a lot of anxiety as the whole cast gets back together for promo since OBX 3 is being released soon.

~Guys I wrote this months ago, and just never finished it. I had no idea Rudy was actually dealing with social anxiety especially durring interviews for OBX 3~

*********************************

I laid in my bed as I scrolled through tiktok seeing a bunch of edits and things about OBX 3 coming out in a few weeks. I'm genuinely so excited for it. I haven't been able to be with the whole cast, all my close friends, in over 6 months. So I'm happy to get to be all together again. As I laid there I heard the shower turn off idicating my boyfriend of 2 years would be coming in soon. I waited, and after a few minutes, Rudy walked in with just a pair of sweatpants on. He came over and laid ontop of me, wrapping his arms around me and putting his face on my chest. I ran my fingers through his still wet hair and smiled down at him even though he didn't see it.

Rudy stayed still, he didn't move a muscle, and he didn't say anything. "You okay bub?" I asked hoping he was okay. He's never quiet. So, it's just weird. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said slightly mumbling. "You sure?" I asked feeling like he was off. "Yeah baby. I'm fine. I'm just... I'm tired. That's all." He said. "Okay, well we can go to bed." I said softly. He just slightly nodded. "You gonna sleep right there?" I asked almost joking. I mean, I wouldn't mind. But I thought he would say no. He just slightly nodded. "Okay." I said with a small chuckle. I kissed the top of his head, since he seemed to not want to move at all. I then leaned over and turned off the lamp, and then I plugged my phone in and placed it on the night stand. "Goodnight bub." I said softly. "Goodnight baby." He said this time more mumbled than anything else he had said.

*Few Hours Later*

I woke up as I felt cold. I rolled over as if it were an instinct to just cling to Rudy, but I was welcomed by emptiness. I looked around trying to adjust my eyes to the dark. He wasn't in the room at all. I looked over at the lit up alarm clock, showing it was just past 2:30 in the morning. I was utterly confused. Where was Rudy? I got up and pulled the shirt I had stole from Rudy that was covering my underwear. And I left the room. I walked out seeing a dim light lit in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen and saw Rudy sitting on the counter with a cup of water in his hand. The only light was coming from the light above the stove. "Bub? What are you doing up?" I asked as I walked over to him. "Sorry, I just couldn't sleep." He said.

I stood between his legs and looked up at him. I looked in his eyes and instantly I knew something was bothering him. But I had no idea what it was. But I did know I wasn't going to let him slide by, when he says he's fine. I slowly reached back and grabbed both his hands. "What's going on?" I asked. "Nothing, I'm just really restless." He said. "I know something's bothering me. You know you can talk to me, right?" I asked. "I know baby, nothing's wrong. Let's just go back to bed." He said. "Rudy, talk to me. You've been acting off all day. And now it's basically 2:40 in the morning and you're sitting in the kitchen by yourself." I said. I didn't know what was wrong, but I didn't want him to be hurting...

"Y/n, I promise you... It's not a big deal. Okay?" He said. "Don't promise that. I know you don't mean it. I can see it in your eyes." I said. He looked at me, not saying anything, but then his eyes starting becoming glossy. He looked away from me trying to hide the forming tears. I pulled my hands away from his and placed them on each side of his face, then making him look at me. A tear rolled down his cheek and my heart broke. "Hey, it's okay. Talk to me. Don't hold whatever this is in." I said as I wiped the tear from his face. "I just- I don't know that I can do it." He said. "Wha-What do you mean?" I asked. A million thoughts ran through my head, and none of them were good. "Tomorrow. I don't think I can handle all the interviews and stuff." He said. My heart broke for him. "How come?" I asked. "It's just, all the people there, and all the talking I'm going to have to do infront of those people. I just am kinda overthinking it all, and I've been freaking out about it all week. And today it just got worse knowing it was happening tomorrow bright and early." He said making his breathing get heavier and his heart beat speed up.