Press

Rudy x f!reader

Warnings: Cuteness overload...

Prompt: After 7 months of dating, Rudy and y/n go public, and then they have obx interviews (And others) not too long after.

(I'm going to be using songs from Nessa Barrett)

************************************

"Welcome back everyone, right now I'm here with the outer banks cast, here to talk about their newest season. Welcome Jonathan Davis, Madison Bailey, Rudy Pankow, Chase Stokes, Madelyn Cline, and Y/n y/l/n." We began talking back and forth with the interviewer. "So one thing I have to ask about, because I fear your fans may kill me if I don't..." He started. "Rudy, and y/n, you just recently went public with your relationship. When, and how did it start?" Rudy and I both laughed since we knew this would come up. "Ummm, we just got really close on set, and quickly became like best friends, so it wasn't long after that we started dating." Rudy said. He softly grabbed my hand as he was talking. "Now your characters hate each other in the show, so is there a chance something more intimate would come between your characters?" He asked us. "Umm, I'm not sure. I think their banter could turn into something more flirty, but I guess we don't really know until season 3." I said, and Rudy made an exaggerated wink making me laugh slightly.

We continued the interview, and then moved onto a game of never have I ever. "Okay, first one, never have I ever been stood up on a date." The interviewer said. Rudy, Madison, and JD held up 'I have' and Chase, Madelyn, and I held up 'I have not'. "This one kinda goes with the last one. Never have I ever stood someone up." I covered my face as I knew if I said the real answer people would put it together. Madelyn and I help up 'I have' and the others held up 'I have not'. "Wait..." The interviewer said. I knew he was putting it together. "Who did you stand up y/n? Cause Rudy held up he has been stood up and you've held up you've stood someone up." I covered my face again and Rudy began laughing. I laughed to as I said, "I swear it was an accident." Everyone started laughing. "What happened?" He asked. "That's a story for another time." I laughed.

*Few Days Later*

"Welcome y/n y/l/n, here to talk about outher banks season 2 and her new album." Jimmy Fallon said. "Hi." I said softly to Jimmy." "Hi, its so good to see you." He said. "You too." I replied. "So, I want to say congrats. You have a #1 show in 26 countries, and an album in the top ten in 12 countries. You're killing it right now." He said. "Thank you." I said with a smile. "So, what was it like filming season 2 while you were also doing press for you album release?" "It was honestly crazy and hectic, but I wouldn't change it for anything."

"And you just recently went public with you now boyfriend, and co-star." Jimmy said and I nodded with a smile. "Did you show him your album before the release? And what was his response to it?" "Oh my god, so He was with me while I recorded 2 of the songs on the album, so he heard those first hand before my lable even heard them. As for the others, I showed him as soon as they were finished. I wanted his feedback on it before I made the tracklist for the album. And he was so sweet, and supportive." "That's amazing! Does he have a favorie song on the album?" "Well there is one he always tells me he loves and thats 'gaslight'." I said with a soft chuckle. "That's definately one of the best ones on the album for sure." "Thank you." I said again with a smile.

"Did you write any of the songs on your album about Rudy?" He asked. "There is one song on this album I wrote for him. And I think basically everyone knows what song that is." "If I'm correct, It's Die First, right?" "It is, yeah." I said with a soft chuckle. "Thats a really deep song to write. Especially when it's about someone you've only been dating for 7 months." I chuckled then said, "Well, I think people forget Rudy and I werw best friends for a year and a half, almost 2 years before we started dating. And through the now almost 3 years of knowing Rudy, he truly is my best friend so this song just speaks a truth for how I feel about my boyfriend and best friend." I said.

"What influenced you to write this song?" He asked me. "Well, it started after I had a really messed up dream, where basically I lost Rudy. Like in my dream he died. And this was prior to us dating. So I was thinking about how I was loosing my best friend. And when I woke up I was so scared I had to call Rudy to make sure he was still alive. And it was like 2 AM and he picked up the phone, and I was just releaved to hear his voice. The next day I happened to be in the studio and I was just writing and bouncing off ideas. and I got the first and second verse for the song." "Really?" "Yeah, and then I left it unfinished up until Rudy and I started dating, and I had the same dream, and the same thing happened, I woke up at like 3 in the morning, and called him. He picked up right away and like told me everything was okay, and that he was fine. I couldn't go back to sleep so I stayed up and finsihed writing the song. And then about a week later I was in the studio recording it and finishing up the song." "And just like that, you made a beautiful and emotional song." I chuckled.

"Well, after the break we will get to hear y/n y/l//n perform her new song "Die First" Of her album young forever."

*The Next Morning*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked over seeing it was Rudy calling me. I smiled and answered it. "Hey." I said softly. "Hey baby, I hope I didn't wake you." He said. "No, it's okay." I said with a small chuckle. "What's up?" I asked. "I'll be back in LA tomorrow and we should get lunch together." He said. "Yeah, sounds perfect. Just let me know when you get back." Rudy and I continued talking for awhile. "So how did last night go?" He asked me knowing I was nervous about the tonight show. "Really good." I said hapily. "Can't wait to watch it." He said sounding excited.

*The Next Day*

It was around 2 PM and I was relaxing on my couch watching TV. I basically had nothing to do today till Rudy got back. There was a knock on my door so I paused the TV and opened the door and I saw Rudy with a wide smile holding flowers. I walked over to him and hugged him. As we pulled away slightly he kissed me softly. He then handed me the flowers. "What's this for?" I asked. "Just felt like getting you flowers." He said with a smile. "You're cute." I said before I laughed then kissed him again. We both walked in.

"So, do you still want to go out for lunch?" Rudy asked me. "Yeah, I just gotta get ready." I said with a smile. "Why not go out like this? You look beautiful." "I look like a hot mess." I said with a chuckle. "All I hear is that you look hot." I laughed and shook my head. "I'll be ready in a few minutes." "Okay baby." I kissed his cheek and then went to get ready. I got changed, and then put on some light makeup, and then I quickly brushed through my hair. "Ready to go?" He asked. "Yup." I said with a smile. I grabbed my phone and purse and then we walked out to Rudy's car.

As we sat at the table waiting for our food, Rudy and I talked about anything and everything. "So, I watched your interview on the tonight show." "You did?" I asked. "Yeah, it was great." He said with a smile. "Just one thing." He said softly. "What?" I asked. "You never told me about what you really wrote Die First about." "Yes I did." I said as I shrugged. "No, you just said you wrote it for your best friend. I figured you meant like Emily." "Well I did write it about my best friend." I said with a smile. "I love you y/n. Like seriously." He said with a smile. "I love you to Rudy."

(Hey guys I just wanna say I'm sorry for not updating for awhile, I'm working on a chapter that currently has over 6000 words and still isn't done. I hope you liked this one in the meantime.)