Stay

JJ x f!reader

Warnings: language

Prompt: Y/n is a Pogue who gets along with every other Pogue except the one and only JJ Maybank. But some turns come about when she finds out she has to leave the outer banks.

************************************

     "Fuck off Maybank." I said as I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. "I'm just saying." He said as he held his hands up in defeat. "And I'm just saying, maybe you'd be better off not mentioning my sex life." "Okay! You were the one who brought up this conversation!" "Because I said YOU couldn't keep your dick in your pants?" "Yes exactly!" I rolled my eyes again for what seemed like the millionth time today.

     I sat on the complete opposite side of the boat with Sarah and Kie. "You alright?" Sarah asked. "Yeah fine. Why wouldn't I be?" "You're just quite today." "I'm fine. Truly." Those words felt like the worst lie I could make. In two weeks I'm moving. And no where near here. I'll be all the way on the west coast on the beach in California. Sure it sounds great. But it wouldn't be like the outer banks.

      "California!?!" They all shouted. "What!?!" "You weren't talking in your head you idiot!" JJ said. "Fuck." "When were you going to tell us!?" Kie asked now clearly upset. "I'm really sorry. I promise I was going to tell you. I was just worried. I thought that if I told you all it would make it happen faster, or all feel real. Because right now it doesn't seem possible that I'm moving that far away." I said. "California. Why there?" "My dad met some girl on a dating site, and I guess things were going really well. So they are- gettimg married." I said nearly gagging over my words. "Wait seriously!?" Pope asked. "Yup." "How long have they been dating?" Sarah asked. "5 months as of tomorrow." I said. "Well that's fast." "No kidding." I said. "Well if you're leaving then this will be the best 2 weeks of your life." John B said as he put his arm around me. I smiled and we all continued talking. Well except for JJ. He just stayed quiet.

     As we were all walking back to the Chateau Kie, Sarah, and I were talking. "Well at least someone will be happy when I leave." I said. "What? You mean JJ?" Kie asked. I nodded as if that was the dumbest question. "Come on y/n, you know he loves you. Even if he hides it deep down. And I know the same goes for you." Sarah stated. "He hates my guts, and I pretend to hate him. It's just what works." "We know you like him." Kie said bluntly. "Ew! That's the grossest thing anyone could say!" "Pretend all you want. We know it's true." "Maybe you guys should try to get along." "There's no point. I'm leaving soon anyways."

*The next day*

     Here we are. I feel like this is 2 summers ago all over again. Though with me and JJ not Sarah and Kie. Yeah, the Pogues left us stranded on the boat. "Listen, we will sit here in silence until they come back, and then we will pretend that we are friends until they leave. Deal?" I asked. "Fine by me." "Good." "Good." "Fine." "Fine!" "I swear to God-" "What you'll kiss me if I don't shut up?" Well I wasn't expecting that. "Ew! Disgusting!" I said before pretending to throw up. "Oh come on, Kissing me wouldn't be that bad." "It would be absolutely horrible." "That's not what my touron said last night when she was moaning m-" "Does everything have to be sexual with you?" "I'm not sure. You tell me." He said with a smirk. "You're disgusting." "You love me." "Nope. Never have never will." I decided I was going to make the best of being stranded in the water. So I just looked out onto the beautiful water.

    My gaze was broken when I saw JJ sit next to me from my side vision. He just sat there and stayed quiet. "I heard your conversation last night while walking back to the chateau." He said. I immediately felt embarrassed. "So you were eves dropping?" "No, you guys just weren't all that quiet." "Oh." I said. "It's not true y/n." "What do you mean?" "I'm not happy you're leaving." "Why? I mean you won't have me around yelling back and forth with you." "For the same reason you're upset. You're apart of this group. This is our family. Because whether we admit it or not all our biological families suck." JJ said. "Yeah no kidding." I said with a small chuckle. "And you were also wrong about some else." "Yeah? What's that Blondie?" "I don't hate you. I never have." He said with a small chuckle. Was he nervous?