Strings

JJ x f!reader

Warnings: Mentions of sex but nothing graphic.

Prompt: After sleeping around with her best friend, y/n did the one thing she swore she wouldn't. Catch feelings

*Italics are in the past*
************************************

     "I'll agree, but if we do this, there is no going back, and there is no strings attached. We're best friends after all."

      JJ's voice rang through my mind. A few weeks ago, we both got drunk and of course. All I cared about were his lips on mine, and the feeling on him inside of me. So of course I agreed to no strings attached. But I'm regretting it now more than ever. I see him all the time with other girls. What's the point of being a casual hookup if he is still sleeping around with other girls. I mean it's not like you see me getting my brains fucked out by some touron. Right!?

     "Hey so we're going to the boneyard, possibly a kegger. You down?" John B asked. "Is that even a question!?" "Great, then you can carry the cups." Kie said as she passed them off to me. I laughed and we all were about to walk out.

*Later that night*

     It was a pretty normal night. And yet again, JJ was wasted. "Hey baby. You wanna get out of here for a bit?" He slurred. I contemplated it but ended up secretly leaving with him. As soon as we were far enough away I was immediately pressed against a wall and JJ began kissing my neck harshly. I let out a moan as he continued. But the closer we got to doing... IT ... I felt off. "JJ." I let out but it sounded more like a moan. He just hummed against me. "J-" I said more strictly. He immediately pulled away.

      "What's wrong y/n?" "I-I just- I don't want to do this right now. I'm sorry." "It uh- it's fine." "I honestly think I'm just gonna head back to the chateau." "Do you want me to walk you back." "N-no, it's fine. You should go have fun. And find someone to- uh- help you out." I said noticing his bulge. "Y/n-" "Listen I'm really sorry I." I said with a sigh. I softly kissed his cheek and walked back to the Chateau.

*The next morning*

      I woke up with a killer headache. Not because of a hangover. But because of the loud music last night. I huffed out a deep breath and slowly got out of bed. I walked out to the kitchen and got some water. "You're up early." I heard. I turned around and faced a hungover John B. "Yeah so are you." "Well I feel like absolute dog shit." "You look like absolute dog shit." He chuckled then rubbed his temples in pain. "I feel ya' JB." "Why did you leave so early last night?" "I wasn't feeling too great." I lied. "Oh well are you feeling better now?" "Much better." "Good, because whether I like it or not, were going boating." "Fun." I said with a smile. "Hey have you heard from JJ? I didn't see him come back last night." "Uh no, I haven't seen him since before I left the kegger." "Okay, he's probably just asleep." "Yeah probably."

*On the boat*

      The whole time we were in the boat I kept quiet. I didn't say much especially not to JJ. In fact I hadn't spoke one word to him.

     All the guys jumped in the water. Kie however sat on the boat with me. "Okay, what's going on with you and JJ?" She asked. "What do you mean?" "Come on, you two are best friends and you are always talking. But today you're completely silent towards each other. Did something happen blast night?" I shook me head. "You're a horrible liar. "Nothing happened Kie. I swear. We can talk more about this later okay?" "Alright." She sighed.

        "Yo ladies, you should come and join us." JJ said. "Don't have to tell me twice." Kie said before jumping in. I followed behind by slowly just dropping into the water. "Y/n? Can I steal you away for a second?" JJ asked quietly as he swam towards me. I nodded slowly. We swam around the boat and then stopped. "Did I do something?" He asked completely concerned. "No of course not JJ." "Then why have you been avoiding me since last night?" "It's hard to explain." "Y/n-" "Please stop JJ. I just want to forget it right now. Can we just talk about this later?" I pleaded. He just nodded then swam away.

*That night*

     It was about 11:45 and I couldn't sleep. My eyes stared out the window at the late night sky. But my brain wandered the thoughts of JJ that clouded my mind. There was a soft knock on my door. And then it quietly opened. "Y/n? Are you still up?" I heard JJ whisper. "Yeah." "Good, uh-" "J, if this is a late night booty call, I'm not in the mood." I said. "No, right now I just want to see my best friend." I sighed knowing where this was going. "Can we go outside to talk about this?" He nodded. We both quietly walked outside. And we both sat in the hammock.

      "Please talk to me y/n. What's going on?" "I just- I don't think us being Casual hookups is going to work." "What? Why? Y/n did I do something?" "No it's more of what I did?" "What did y'all have do?" "Well, what I didn't do is the problem." "Y)n-" "I broke our one and only rule for this whole thing. And I'm a complete idiot for doing so." "What are you talking about?" "I fell for you. Like hard. I know there is no strings attached to what we have been doing for the past 3 weeks. But- I feel stupid for ever agreeing to that. Because I caught feelings before we even made this deal. And now here I am feeling like shit because I want to be more that a hookup with my best friend." He stayed quiet.

      "And I'm not the girl they make movies about. You know the beautiful ones who fall in love with their best friend and think nothing will come of it. Untill the end when they admit how much they love each other. I'll never have that life." "Y/n, I-I don't know what to say. "I get it JJ. I'm nothing more than a booty call. It's fine. But I'm just telling you, I can't keep being a girl you come to when you cant find a girl to suck you off or for you to fuck. I can't do it anymore J." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

     "Y/n, if I'm being honest the only reason this idea came into my head in the first place was because I thought that maybe my feelings towards you was just sexual frustration. So if I got it over with then maybe I would stop thinking about you as more than a friend. But it didn't work." "Then why hook up with those other girls?" "Because I needed something or someone to get my mind off of you." "JJ-" "I wish you would have said something sooner. I could have maybe gotten rid of pain for the both of us." "But JJ, what exactly is it you want?" "To call you mine, to have you all to myself, to show you off as my beautiful girlfriend." "I-I would love that." I replied with a smile. He softly kissed my lips and we both sat there in comfortable silence.