p.2

This is the last chapter that is already written out, so from now on the updates will probably be a lot slower because it's me lol. Hope you all enjoy!

~~~

Emma was sat playing with her toys, when she heard someone knocking on the front door.

Wanda, hearing it too. Came out from the kitchen to answer the frantic knocking. Just before she got to the door however, Wanda heard the whines of her daughter.

"Mama!" Emma shouted, making grabby hands at her Mom, to tell her that she wanted to be picked up.

Wanda sighed before shouting through the door. "Two seconds!"

She made her way over to her daughter and picked her up, placing her on her hip and giving her a kiss on the forehead, before opening the door.

A women with black hair, a checked dress and a pot plant came in. "Hello, dear. I'm Agnes, your neighbour to the right. My right, not yours." She rambled, happily.

Emma buried her head in her Mom's shoulder, not comfortable with new people, especially this new woman...

"Forgive me for not stopping by sooner to welcome you to the block." She continued. "My mother-in-law was in town, so I wasn't." The brunette jokes, handing Wanda the pot plant.

"So, what's your name? Where are you from? And most importantly how's your bridge game, hon?" She asks, inviting herself into the house.

Wanda smiles at her and shuts the door. She tries to place Emma back on the ground, but the toddler just whines and grips on tighter round her Mom's legs, so Wanda places her back on her hip, wanting to avoid a tantrum at this time in the morning.

Wanda makes her way over to Agnes, having put the pot plant down so she could hold Emma better. "I'm Wanda." She greets, smiling welcomingly at the woman.

"Wanda. Charmed." 

They both shake hands.

The woman smiles back, before turning her head to Emma, whose face was still hidden in her Mother's shoulder. 

"And who is this little lady?" She asked excitedly to the three-year-old.

Wanda nudges Emma gently to try and get her to answer, but she just buries her head further into her Mother. 

"This is Emma, my daughter. Sorry she's a little shy." Wanda tells the woman, who smiles at Emma.

"Aww, she's such a cutie! How old is she?" Agnes coos at the young girl.

"She's three." Wanda says, smiling.

"Golly, you settled in fast! Did you use a moving company?" Agnes questions, gesturing to the perfectly furnished house.

"I sure did! Those boxes don't move themselves." Wanda jokes, bouncing Emma slightly who still refused to be put down.

"So, I'm assuming you're married?" Agnes gestures towards Emma.

"Yes, I assure you I'm married. To a man. A human one and tall." Wanda tells the woman, internally wincing at her elongated description.

Agnes sits down on a couch as Wanda continues. 

"As a matter of fact, he'll be home later tonight for a special occasion. Just the two of us, after this little one's in bed." Wanda smiles dreamily, bouncing Emma who was starting to whine.

"Oh, is it somebody's birthday?" Agnes prods, excitedly.

"Not a birthday." Wanda shakes her head.

"Well, today isn't a holiday, is it?" Agnes continues to pry.

Wanda shakes her head again. "No, it's not a holiday."

"An anniversary then?" Agnes continues guessing.

Wanda's face lights up, like she just remembered something important. "Ye... Yes!" She stammers. "Yes! It's our anniversary!"

Agnes reaches a hand out to hold Wanda's free hand excitedly. "Oh, how marvellous!" She grins at the younger woman. "How many years?"

Wanda pauses for a moment, before answering more hesitantly. "Well, it feels like we've always been together..."

Agnes gasps. "Lucky gal!" Her face turns slightly sour. "The only way Ralph would remember our anniversary, was if there was a beer named June 2nd."

They both chuckle, and Wanda tries hard to hush her daughter, who is becoming increasingly restless in the presence of their new neighbour..

"So, what do you have planned?" Agnes asks, slapping Wanda's knee gently.

"How do you mean?" Wanda furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"For your special night." Agnes exclaims, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "A young thing like you doesn't have to do much, but it's still fun to set the scene." She encourages, while Wanda nods along, her brain stressing slightly at all the new information.

"Say, I was just reading a crackerjack magazine article called How to treat your husband to keep your husband." Agnes remembers, standing up and walking around to the living room, before turning back around to face Wanda and Emma on the couch.

"And let me tell you." Agnes continues. "What Ralph could really use is, How to goose your wife, so you don't lose your wife." Agnes laughs at her own joke, while Wanda bit her lip, grinning.

Emma suddenly starts to fuss more in Wanda's arms, a few tears dropping down her face. She didn't want Agnes here.

"Sh sh. It's okay Emma." Wanda whispers to her daughter, bouncing her softly in an attempt to calm her down.

"Hang on. I'll go grab it and we can start planning after you've sorted out little miss fussy over here." Agnes points loosely in the toddlers direction, before walking back towards the front door.

"Oh, this is gonna be a gas!" Agnes swings open the door then pulls it shut behind her.

Once Agnes had gone Wanda stood up, bouncing her daughter softly as she cried. 

"What's wrong with you today, sweetheart?" She coos, kissing Emma's forehead gently. "You're being very clingy." 

Emma just cries in response. 

Wanda sighs. "Come on, let's go have a nap." She declares, walking up the stairs with her crying daughter.

She makes her way to Emma's room and placed her on her toddler bed with a bit of effort as Emma just wanted to be with her mother.

Wanda reached over to the bedside table and got Emma's pacifier, placing it in her mouth, hoping it would help soothe her.

Emma just continues to cry and try get to her Mother every time Wanda tries to lay her down. She would immediately sit back up again, and continue crying.

"Nooo, Mama! I don't wanna nappp!" She sobs, hitting Wanda with her tiny fists.

"No hitting, Emma." Wanda scolds, holding her daughters wrists gently. 

Emma just screams in response.

Wanda sighs, wishing she had her husband here to help her.

Eventually after a long 30 minutes, Wanda finally settled her daughter down.

With a quiet sigh of relief, Wanda stood up gently from the bed, trying hard not to wake Emma and quietly walked out of the room shutting the door behind her.

She leans her back against the door. "Where's Vision when you need him?"

I hope that was okay! Thank you for all the reads and votes, they really do make my day so keep them coming people!