p.3

Heyyyy, this book has only one chapter left after this and then I'm finally done after a year. You should all be proud of me for actually finishing a book. I may do a MOM sequel at some point, but rn I have another book planned instead that's about Lizzie and Robbie adopting a kid so look out for that! Hope you all enjoy this chapter and sorry again it took so long

~~~

Emma may not be able to see the fight from where her Dad was holding her close to his chest, but she could definitely hear it.

The sound of her Mama struggling and the sound of Agatha taunting her, along with the noise that their powers were making when they struck the barrier of the hex.

The toddler takes a tentative glance up into the red sky and lets out a whimper as she sees her Mama struggling against Agatha, and turning all grey and wrinkly as the other woman drains her life from her body.

"Mama!" The toddler sobs, hitting her Dad's chest with her powers, making the syntheziod nearly drop her.

"Emma has powers?!" Vision turns to question the twins who were also peeking up anxiously at the fight above.

"Yeah she does- MOM!" Tommy suddenly yells, tears forming in his eyes.

Vision quickly spins to look back up at the sky and sees Wanda floating almost lifelessly above them, her skin grey and shrunken, like an old corpse.

"Wanda!!" Vision shouts, trying desperately to get his wife's attention.

"About our deal..." Agatha looks gleefully at the lifeless looking Wanda. "Once cast, a spell can never be changed. This world was always meant to be broken. Just like you."

Agatha then forms her purple magic in her hands and attempts to pull the last remaining bits of life from Wanda's body.

But nothing happens.

She tries again and then looks down at her hands in shock as the dark holds corruption starts to leave her fingertips. The colour coming back to her skin.

Wanda slowly looks up to face Agatha, her once corpse like face returning to its normal state as huge red symbols start to form on the wall of the hex, surrounding the two witches in the sky.

"Pwetty..." Emma mumbles, pointing up at the ruins, momentarily distracted from the fighting which had now ceased.

Vision, the twins and Monica all watch from the town square in awe, Vision tightening his hold on his children protectively.

"Runes." Agatha states the obvious, looking at the symbols in the sky with fear.

"In a given space, only the witch who cast them can use her magic." Wanda quotes Agatha's words from when she had her captured in her basement. "Thanks for the lesson. But I don't need you to tell me who I am." A scarlet coloured crown starts to form over Wanda's head, its appearance shocking the woman opposite her.

Agatha shudders and shakes her head rapidly. "No. No. No. No!!"

The family watch from the ground as red magic explodes from Wanda's body, seemingly surrounding her in bright red blasts of power.

"Woahhh..." Billy gapes at the sky in awe.

The red magic begins to draw back the power that Agatha had stolen, making the older woman cry out in pain and anguish.

The power surrounds Wanda and transforms her tracksuit and hoodie into a long flowing cape that came down from her waist and a tight fitted bodice with long gloves and a crown upon her head.

The Scarlet Witch is born.

"Oh, god." Agatha breaths heavily, staring at Wanda with fear. "You don't know what you've done."