p.4

Hope you enjoy the last chapter to this episode! Sorry it's slightly shorter than usual, but I did try to add more of my own dialogue to extend it!

~~~

It was a little while later, and Wanda and Vision were now each holding a twin while the doctor examined them, and Geraldine played with Emma to keep her occupied.

"Twenty fingers and twenty toes. You've got two healthy baby boys on your hands." He hands Tommy back to Wanda, who smiles.

"Thank you, doctor." Wanda rocks the baby gently as he gurgles.

"All in a days work." The doctor smiles, before turning to Geraldine who was sitting on the floor with Emma.

"And thank you for your assistance, young lady. I think you might have what it takes to be a nurse." He tells her.

Geraldine and Wanda share an amused look.

"Allow me to walk you out, doctor." Vision offers, gently placing Billy in the crib.

"Oh, alright. As long as we actually walk this time." The doctor chuckles nervously, allowing Vision to walk him out.

Geraldine places the toy down next to Emma and stands up, walking towards Wanda.

"I do owe you a debt of gratitude." Wanda smiles at the woman, placing Tommy in the crib next to Billy.

Geraldine chuckles just as Emma walks over, asking to see the babies.

Wanda picks her up, letting her look into the cot at her sleeping brothers.

"Hold?" Emma asks, reaching out a hand to touch one of the twins.

"Later, sweetheart. Their sleeping." Wanda tells her quietly, taking her outstretched hand in her own to prevent the noisy toddler from waking the twins.

"You're such a strong lady." Geraldine compliments, looking at the sleeping babies.

"Oh." Wanda waves her hand dismissively.

"Can you believe this? Twins!" Geraldine tickles one of the babies, smiling.

"I'm a twin." Wanda tells her after a moment of silence. "I had a brother. His name was Pietro."

"Uncle Pietwo." Emma smiles widely, remembering the stories that her mother had told her about her Uncle who she had never met, as he now lived in the clouds along with her Grandma and Grandpa, and Auntie Nat, and Uncle Tony.

Geraldine looks at Wanda sombrely, as Wanda starts singing a Sokovian lullaby, while swaying Emma gently. It was the same lullaby that she used on Emma to get her to sleep.

"He was killed by Ultron, wasn't he?" Geraldine asks slowly, making the singing stop.

"What did you say?" Wanda asks in shock at what she had just heard, a tear falling down her cheek.

Emma looks up at her mother confused, and then back at Geraldine with a pout.

"Don't make my Mama cry!" She defends, scowling at Geraldine.

"What did you say... just now?" Wanda asks Geraldine defensively. Holding Emma tighter.

"I said, Wanda, you're such a strong lady." Geraldine smiles, taking Wanda's free hand in her own before walking to the couch. "Should I say it one more time for good measure?"

"No. What did you say about Pietro?" Wanda asks the woman, her voice becoming darker.

Emma buries her head in her mothers shoulder.

Geraldine stutters. "Pietro? Uh... Hey, I'll take a shift rocking the babies and taking care of Emma." She stands up and starts walking towards the crib which Wanda was standing in front of, holding Emma defensively.