p.3

Here's another chapter! Ty all for all the reads and votes! Your support on this story means so much to me!

~~~

Wanda had been chosen to help Dottie clear up after the meeting, much to the annoyance of Emma, who was incredibly bored as any toddler rightly would be.

There was quiet music playing from a radio as Wanda cleared up cake stands, while Emma sat curled up on a nearby chair, playing lazily with her doll.

"And that is why, you never do a seating chart on an empty stomach." Dottie finishes her long story, which Wanda was only half paying attention too.

"Golly, you're a whiz at all this committee stuff, Dottie." Wanda compliments, her voice laced with false happiness.

"Thank you for choosing me to help you clean up today. I feel so lucky." Wanda grins, sarcastically.

"You are." Dottie sits on a chair, leaving Wanda to do all the work.

Wanda turns her back to Dottie and pulls a face, making Emma who saw, giggle.

Dottie looks towards Emma to see why she was laughing, before turning back to her tea.

Wanda sighs. "I can't help but wonder if you and I haven't gotten off on the wrong foot, Dottie." She walks over to where the woman was sitting.

"And I would like to correct that if I can." Wanda smiles.

"And how would you do that?" Dottie asks, standing up from her chair.

Wanda chuckles nervously as she continues.

"I've heard things about you. You and your family." Dottie tells Wanda, her face turning darker.

Wanda glances at her daughter nervously, who seems to be oblivious to the conversation.

"Well, I don't know what you've been told, but I assure you, we don't mean anyone any harm." Wanda assures the blonde.

"I don't believe you." Dottie whispers, leaning closer to Wanda.

Suddenly the radio starts to crackle, making all three heads turn towards it.

"I don't wike it!" Emma whines in pain, clutching her head in her hands.

"Wanda. Wanda, can you read me, over? Wanda?" A mans voice asks in static through the radio.

Wanda stares at the radio for a few seconds in stunned shock.

"Who is that?" Dottie asks, looking at the radio as it cackles again, making Emma cry out.

"It hurts, Mama!" Emma cries, her hands clasped over her ears to try and mute the ringing noise.

"Wanda? Wanda. Who is doing this to you, Wanda? Wanda? Wanda? Wanda..." The voice continues.

"Who are you?" Dottie asks Wanda, sounding hostile.

Wanda snaps out of her trance, rushing to her daughter and picking her up, holding her own hands over Emma's ears and kissing her forehead, trying to soothe her.

Suddenly the static stops and a glass smashing is heard, making Wanda's head turn to Dottie, who's hand was bleeding.

"Dottie!" Wanda cries, handing her a tea towel with her spare hand, to wipe the blood off, which was a vibrant red. More colour...

The song starts playing over the radio again like nothing had happened.

Dottie wiped the blood from her hand as Wanda bounced Emma, who was clearly impacted more than the others from the static.