p.2

Heyyyyy, sorry for the lack of updates on this book but you've got to give it to me. I've gotten this far in without any writers block so count urselves lucky. I think with Wandavision I just struggle to write the last two episodes as it's fighting and I'm awful at writing fight scenes. Anyway here you go! Also sorry this one is slightly shorter than normal!

~~~

"Mama, you weft me!" Emma cries, as Wanda quickly gets up from the floor, cradling her daughter close.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm okay, Mama's okay..." Wanda soothes, her breathing still heavy.

"Did you stop that bomb?" Agatha asks, making Wanda jump as she remembers that Agatha is there.

"What?" Wanda asks in confusion, swaying side to side as she holds the whimpering Emma.

Agatha eyes Wanda closely. "You used a Probability Hex." She tells her.

"No." Wanda denies, shaking her head. "I... it just never went off. It was defective, but we didn't know that. We were trapped."

"For how long?" Agatha asks curiously, looking around at the torn apartment.

"Two days." Wanda sniffs slightly, wiping her face with her free hand.

"Mmmm. So much trauma, right? Except that you were safe as kittens the whole time." Agatha scoffs. "What I see here is a baby witch with so-so instincts and years of therapy ahead of her. Doesn't explain your recent hijinks." Agatha walks closer to Wanda and Emma. "Where'd you get the big guns, Wanda?"

She makes a metal door appear in the broken wall.

"I don't want to go back there." Wanda tells her firmly, gripping onto Emma protectively.

Agatha fake coos. "I know you don't but it's good medicine, angel. The only way forward is back..."

The locks on the door switch from red to green, and the heavy metal door swings open.

Wanda hesitantly leads the way into the door, closely followed by Agatha.

"This time we observe." Agatha tells the duo. "I can't bear to be stuck with that crying thing again while you go off down memory lane."

Wanda frowns at this and holds Emma closer, kissing the top of her head softly. "Well what do you expect?"

Agatha shrugs, before gesturing to the scene playing out in front of them.

They were in the HYDRA base in Sokovia, and a younger looking Wanda was slowly walking into a metal room with Loki's scepter in it.

There were two men on the other side of the glass, watching and taking notes.

"Wanda, the rebellious years." Agatha taunts. "So, your reaction to the bombing of your civilian apartment building was to join an anti-freedom terrorist organization?"

Emma frowns at the tone that Agatha was using with her Mom.

"Don talk to my Mama wike dat!" She shouts at Agatha, who raises an eyebrow at the outburst.

"Keep your child quiet Wanda, or I might just accidentally snap her neck..."

Wanda's eyes go wide at the threat, as she is quick to assure Emma that she's fine, and to be quiet.

"We wanted to change the world." She tells Agatha bitterly, in answer to her question.

"For the better or worse?" Agatha asks, looking at Wanda, who was now staring blankly at her younger self while hiding Emma's face in her chest. "The better. Right. Obviously." Agatha rolls her eyes.

"Oh, don't be scared. You already lived it once." Agatha chuckles as one of the men speaks up.

"For our notes, Ms. Maximoff, can you please state your name and confirm your status?" The technician asks in a thick Russian accent.

"Wanda Maximoff. Volunteer." The younger version of Wanda answers, her voice dry and raspy, like she hadn't used it in weeks.

"Begin experimentation." The other man says, scribbling things down on his clip board.

The technician hesitates slightly.

"Is there a problem?" The scientist asks sharply.

"Doctor, with respect... Not one subject has survived direct contact with the Mind Stone. It seems reckless to-" The technician is cut off by the other man leaning over him and pressing the button himself.

"Touch the sample." The scientist tells Wanda, his tone leaving no room for questions.

The younger Wanda steps forward, her hair matted and greasy, her eyes dull. "Should I just?" She turns her head towards the glass, walking towards the Mind Stone with her hand outstretched.

Before she can move closer to it, the Mind Stone in the scepter rattles and then shoots out from it like a bullet, heading straight to Wanda.

The blue gem floats right in front of the young girls face, and she stares at it in a mix of fear and awe.

Then suddenly the blue stone splits open to reveal the true yellow form of the Mind Stone.

The huge yellow blast explodes across the room, but Wanda remains standing and unharmed, still staring into the Mind Stone.

At the center stands a lone silhouette of a figure, with a crown on their head.

Emma gasps as she sees the figure. "Pwincess..." She mutters in awe, peaking out from her Mom's chest, as she and Agatha watch in silence.

And then the room is suddenly normal again, as though the Mind Stone had never left the scepter.

The younger Wanda falls to the ground, her figure unmoving and still.

The scientist and technician run into the testing area, feeing for a pulse on the thin girl.

"She's still alive. Get her to isolation, now!" The scientist demands.

The memory cuts to a now awake Wanda staring at a small Tv, which was playing the Brady Bunch. She was sat crosslegged on a small, hard wooden bed.

After watching blankly for a few seconds, the younger version of Wanda stands up and switches off the Tv, ending the memory.

"So, little orphan Wanda got up close and personal with an Infinity Stone that amplified what would otherwise have died on the vine..." Agatha trails off, stalking around Wanda like she was her prey.

"The broken pieces of you are adding up, buttercup. I have a theory but I need more..." With another flick of Agatha's wrist, another door appears in the stone wall, this one looking more modern and clean, like it belongs in a respectable house.

"Mama's woom!" Emma cheers, instantly recognising the door, and wriggling out of Wanda's grip.

"Emma..." Wanda calls weakly, but Emma doesn't listen.

"See sugar, at least someone's eager." Agatha chuckles, as Emma jumps to open the door, revealing another younger version of Wanda sitting in her room at the Avengers Compound.

Hope that was okay for y'all!