flashback

As requested here is another flashback chapter for yall. Hope you all enjoy! Emma is around 2 and this takes place while on the run before the events of Infinity War. Love youuu!

~~~

"Nat please..." Wanda begs the older woman, while Emma sits on the apartments carpeted floor, playing with some toys.

"I've said no, Wanda. It's too dangerous for you, and Em." Nat replies sharply, taking out some packeted food from the cupboard.

"What's going on?" Steve asks, coming into the small kitchen.

"Wanda's still going on about seeing Vision." Nat explains, shooting the younger woman a disappointed look.

Steve gives Wanda a sympathetic smile. "Sorry Wands. It's just too risky."

Wanda scoffs. "What isn't risky at the moment? Going to the shops is risky, but we still do it!"

As she walks past, Nat quickly brings wooden spoon that she was holding sharply onto on Wanda's backside.

"Watch your tone." The now short blonde warns as Wanda lets out a small shriek, rubbing her ass. "Just because you have a kid, doesn't mean you can talk to me and Steve like that."

"I'm not a teenager anymore, Natasha." Wanda reminds her firmly.

"Good. Because if you were then you would be in for more than a smack with a wooden spoon." Steve adds in, raising an eyebrow at the now ginger woman. "You would be up at 5am for training as a start."

Wanda quickly averts her eyes, blushing profoundly. "Don't you think Emma should be able to see her Dad? Every night it's 'when is Dada coming home?' And I feel awful lying to her that he's away on work. She needs her father."

Natasha sighs, sharing a glance with Steve. "But what if the government sees you. Or worst Stark. Vision is Stark's... creation. So it's likely that he has some sort of tracking system in him."

"It wouldn't be any more risky than what we are already doing." Wanda points out. "And Vision is much more than just a creation of Stark."

Nat rubs the bridge of her nose. "I'll think about it."

"Mama!" Emma comes running into the kitchen, and Wanda quickly picks the toddler up off the floor.

"Hello, baby." She smiles, kissing Emma's forehead.

"Wan ou pway wif me, Mama." Emma asks her Mom, playing with her dyed ginger hair.

"Of course I can, baby." Wanda smiles at her daughter, sending Nat and Steve a glare, before taking Emma back to her toys.

"What do you think?" Nat asks Steve once Wanda was out of earshot. "I don't trust the toaster."

"I don't know if I do either. But I think we should let it happen."

Nat looks at Steve in shock.

"I mean it's wrong to keep a baby from there Dad." He points out, looking towards Emma who was trying to eat a wooden block. "And he makes Wands happy."

Nat let's out a huff, folding her arms across her chest. "I don't like this."

Steve wraps an arm around her for comfort. "Me neither, but it won't be permanent. We'll make an arrangement if we deem him trust worthy."

Natasha reluctantly nods in agreement, putting a smile on her face when Emma calls for her Auntie Nat to come and play with her.