I stood before a young woman in a security outfit, her blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. She wore a welcoming smile as she held out her hand to me.

"Hello (̵̺̤̼̘̇̋̇̏y̵̩̹͎̽́͛̿͒͌̇̊͊̓͝͝/̷̧̻̠̭̟̟̯͍͛̉̓͋̆̇ñ̸̨͍͓̻̲̻̞̜͉̋͠)̸̺̲̀͋̂̄͛̎̋̿̊̌̇̕"

She greeted me but all I heard was hello. The second wasn't even a word. Was it? It sounded like a word or a name but at the same time it didn't. It was like multiple people were screaming at once when she said it. Along with the screaming there was static sounds- like from a TV. The sound made my head spin. It hurt so much. I cupped my hands over my ears as I tried to block out the sound. Which just caused the woman to yell the word more.

"(̵̺̤̼̘̇̋̇̏y̵̩̹͎̽́͛̿͒͌̇̊͊̓͝͝/̷̧̻̠̭̟̟̯͍͛̉̓͋̆̇ñ̸̨͍͓̻̲̻̞̜͉̋͠)̸̺̲̀͋̂̄͛̎̋̿̊̌̇̕"

Tears weld up in my eyes as I look up to the woman before me, my vision blurred from the tears. Her face covered in concern as she yells it again. I kneel over, feeling like I'm going to barf.

"(̵̺̤̼̘̇̋̇̏y̵̩̹͎̽́͛̿͒͌̇̊͊̓͝͝/̷̧̻̠̭̟̟̯͍͛̉̓͋̆̇ñ̸̨͍͓̻̲̻̞̜͉̋͠)̸̺̲̀͋̂̄͛̎̋̿̊̌̇̕!¡¿!‽"

From her response I assume whatever she is saying is me. Quickly I stand up straight, trying to ignore the shooting pain in my head as I look her in the eyes, wiping my tears away.

"I'm fine. Sorry, headache"

She sighs in relief as I take my hand into hers, shaking it slowly. She stared at me for a minute, examining me before speaking again.

"As I was saying...I'm Vanessa. Welcome to your new job- I'm the security guard so we will see each other more oft-"

She was cut off by children screaming and laughing. She just froze as the world around me starts to fade. What is happening?! I start to panic.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I open my eyes as I scan my surroundings. I'm in a small dark area. A curtain stood before me with it slightly open just enough to let some light in. I walk over and peek out the curtains to see I'm in some sort of bowling alley. Most of the kids and families were bowling but some children surrounded whatever I was in. None of them saw me, peeking out and I slowly back away. One of the kids spoke up beyond the curtains to someone.

"Ma'am , When will the new robot be ready?" The child called out as a few others agreed.

"Yeah! I want to see them!"

"Me too!"

The children cried out then another spoke up disagreeing to the others statements.

"I don't know guys. I miss Bonnie, it won't be the same"

A female voice suddenly spoke up in a laugh. Her voice was familiar. I don't understand why.

"They will be ready soon enough. Just need to make sure they are in working order. Sadly I don't think Bonnie will come back but this one. They are just as special as Bonnie. Like all of our animatronics here." I peek out once more to find she the woman kneeling down, ruffling a kids hair. He huffed in annoyance. I couldn't get a good look at the woman, she had her back to me. From what I saw she had a black cap on with a blonde ponytail poking out.

"Now all of you, go on. Go have fun."

She spoke as she stood up, brushing herself off slightly as she walks off. Most of the kids ran off but one. It was the kid she ruffled the hair of, he stood there staring off before he looks up to where I am. We made eye contact and he steps back in shock. Quickly I back away once more.

"Ma'am!" The boy called out as I heard him run off, I assume after the woman he was talking to. Fear in his voice. I didn't mean to scare him.

I didn't want to scare anyone so I sat at the back, away from the curtains for hours on end. All I could do was think back to what the kids said. A robot? Is that what I am? I have so many questions. Who am I? What am I? Where am I?

It's frustrating that I'm stuck in here, alone for hours. With so many questions and no answers! I want to understand. Will I ever get answers? I let out a sigh and shut my eyes once more, drifting off.

731 Word Count

Thank you for reading chapter 1! I hope you enjoyed! Now have a wonderful day and be safe out there!