4

As I walked back to the bowling alley all I could think about was how I'm about to perform for the first time. Panic rising to my chest. As I'm walking I bump into someone, quickly I step back and start apologizing.

I look up to find Freddy, a big goofy grin across his face. He looks over my face as his grin fades slightly, giving me a worried expression.

"Are you alright, Rae? Do you need someone to talk to?" He spoke in a soft tone. I shook my head as I force a smile.

"I'm fine. I'm just emBEARrassed." He stared at me in pure shock. After a long and awkward silence, I slowly wave my hand in front of his face. He shook his head slightly, his expression changing back to the goofy grin as he looks in my eyes.

"Sorry, Rae. I spaced out but are you really okay?"

I avoid looking in his eyes as I rub my arm softly. Hesitantly I shake my head as I look back up to him.

"I'm really paranoid about my performance. I have never preformed before. At least it's in the bowling alley, so there might not be as many people."

Freddy lets out an awkward laugh as he rubs the back of his neck.
"Actually, since it's your first day. You will be on the big stage with us. Throughout the day you will perform along side us then you get a solo twice. It's just so people get to know you. Then they might go see you perform in the bowling alley..."

I groan and cover my face.
"Gee thanks ,Freddy. Now it's worse."
He puts his hands on my shoulders causing me to look up to him.

"Listen, Superstar. You're going to do great and we'll be there with you. If it makes you comfortable, I'll stand off stage where only you can see me as you do your solo's so you don't feel alone! Even if I'm not on stage with you I'll be there and I'll be rooting you on the whole time."

That name. He called me that name in my dream.

"Nice to meet you, Superstar. I think I speak for all of us, that we are thrilled to have another member of the team. We look forward to working with you."
He's words replayed over and over in my head.

"Rae?"
The dreams feel too real. Why do they feel so real? I don't understand why they feel so real to me but at the same time they feel so fake?

"Earth to Rae?"
Why are the dreams somewhat accurate to real life? Are they real? If so how am I this?

"RAE!"
Freddy yelled as he squeezes my shoulders, his voice snapping me back to reality. I look into his eyes. He looked even more concerned.

"Are you okay?" I sigh and give him a weak smile as I nod.

"Yeah and thank you. I would be honored for you to be there for me during my solo." He lets out a sigh of relief as a smile reappears upon his face.

"That's good. I was worried, you spaced out for a bit there. Something on your mind?"

I shrug and laugh awkwardly.
"Just a bit of deja vu, you know what I mean?"

He nods as we start walking to the main stage area, sharing small talk as we do so. When suddenly it hits me and I freeze.
"What will I sing for my solos?"

He stops and raises an eyebrow at me.
"It should be programmed into you?" He says in a confused tone. I sigh and shake my head, looking down.

"How do you know what to sing? Do you activate it somehow." I look back up to him with hopeful eyes as he shook his head.

"Now that I think about it I don't know. It kind of just happens, once the music starts it's like my body takes control as the words come out. Maybe once the music starts that's the trigger." He smiles and places a hand on my head as he ruffles my hair.
"So just go with the flow. Don't worry too much. You will do great." I nod and smile up to him.

"Oh but first you need to change! Follow me to your changing room." He says as he grabs my hand dragging me off to the changing rooms. He leads me to one and opens the door.
"This is yours. Your outfit should be in there waiting for you."

I smile and give Freddy a big hug as I whisper a thank you. I walk into the room, shutting the door behind me. An outfit hung up in a closet and I quickly get dressed, finishing up I look over to a mirror. I start looking myself over and I smile. I look nice.

Outfit for female/female presenting readers

Outfit for male/male presenting reader

I walk out of the room to find Freddy had waited for me, he smiles once he notices me

I walk out of the room to find Freddy had waited for me, he smiles once he notices me. He looks me over and smiles bigger.
"You look great, Rae. Are you ready?" He says as he holds a hand out to me.
I smile and nod, as I take his hand. He nods and leads me back to the stage. The rest of the band was already on stage. We walk into the stage as I look over the group. They were each distracted and  getting ready for the performance. Roxy was checking her hair in a small hand mirror, Monty was checking his over his bass guitar while Chica was eating on a slice of pizza.

"Hello guys!" I call out, grabbing their attention to me. Most of them had the same response as my dream. Chica waved at me as pizza hung from her beak, Roxanne looked me over and gave me an approving nod but Monty looked at me from above his glasses in confusion. He walks over and greets me with a toothy green.

"Hey, Rae. I'm Monty, Monty Gator." He gives me a wink as he holds out his hand, I take his hand to shake it but he pulls it up to his mouth as he kisses the top of my hand. Freddy huffs from behind me as he pulls me to him.
"Monty now's not the time to flirt."

Monty's eyes went from me to Freddy, a grin growing on his face. I give him a confused look as I look up to Freddy who has a face that reads "oh shit". Freddy glances to me, noticing that I was watching him a smile spreading to his face once more as he leads me to the center of the stage. As he tells me where to stand for the performance.

1137 WORD COUNT

THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME FOR CHAPTER 4! I hope you are having a nice day/night! Remember you're wonderful and to take care of yourself!