Chapter 6

Disclaimer : not perfectly edited. bound to have grammatical errors. bare with me. thank you.
- @Dawngayle_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William's POV

' ah~ it sure is a long week, i want to go home and play games '

I am here wandering around our college building while sipping a bottled coffee, looking around every classroom as i am trying to remember everything before i even graduate. Also remembering how i sit in one of those chairs and lay my head down while praying how i want to die right away. Funny enough that it felt like it was far long ago the last time i did that.

' ding '

i heard my phone's notification alert, probably a text from the schoolmates or classmate for a meeting or something. I fished my phone out of my pocket and saw the lockscreen with a name 'Mom' on the message notification. Looking around the hallway, seeing no one close to me is around, i went to the small fire exit by the end of the hallway and opened the message.

' How could you not call me for a few days?! I know you're very stubborn but for God's sake William, be mature enough to call me when i tell you to do so! How pathetic can you ever be?! '

Staring at my mom's text and then looking away from my phone, i just stared at the bloomed tree in front of me. My heart beginning to tighten again with strong emotions, gulping my saliva as i try to hold everything in. It's not the first time she had texted me something like this, ever since i was young i have always been treated like this, but that doesn't mean it hurts less.

I dialed my mom's number and waited for her to pick up as i clenched my palm on the rails, i looked inside the hallway again to see anyone familiar but then i saw Noah talking to Kierra again.

' Him again?' but my thoughts were cut-off when i heard my mom's voice that made me stare at the tree with a serious face.

" And now you'll call? you really waited for me to text you like that huh? how irresponsible of you William. Be like Jake for pete's sake, he is responsible and doesn't heat up my head like you always do. You are almost graduating now, act on your own age. How come you're my son? I feel like Jake is my own son than you. ", once again, it's something she always say, immunity? i guess not, it still hurts every time she say that but i couldn't just ignore it like everyone else does.

" I'm sorry Mom, I'll call on time next time, Do eat your meals and take care with your body. ", feeling annoyed by my nonchalant response, my mom just stopped talking, " Just act your age William, Don't keep on disappointing me, it's annoying to keep on reminding you this. I gotta go now, say Hi to your Lola and Lolo for me. Bye", after saying those words, she quickly dropped the call without waiting for my answer, so i just put my phone inside my pocket again while doing a small breathing exercise to calm my nerves and heart.

Turning my head to the hallway again, Noah is still there with Kierra who is accompanied by her friends. They are bringing their bags while pointing out their fingers. And then they started walking out their way to the stairs including Noah, i couldn't help but stare at Kierra's back. Feeling worser than my phone-call with my mom.

I sat down on one of the the steps at the small staircase at the fire exit, bowing my head down while clenching my phone that i pulled out of my pocket.

'I admit that i'm getting too emotional right now, My mom acting like that again after being quiet for weeks and then seeing Kierra being taken away from me like that.
I don't know anymore. I feel lost again with all these shit. Do i have to deal with myself again like before? Damn it. Help please. I don't want to go back to my hell.'

Kierra's POV

I was sitting down inside the classroom while reading a book when i heard one of my classmates telling me that someone named Noah is outside again. I closed my book and went out to see him. Noah is standing there next to the door and smiling at me, waving his hand a bit as a greeting.

" Hey, Good Morning. Uh Do you need something? ", I smiled at him using my usual public smile, something that will make William laugh when he sees it.

'Speaking of William i haven't seem him since earlier—- '

" Hello Good Morning. I was wondering if you want to hang out? Arcade? Or Lunch? ", my thoughts about William interrupted when i heard Noah's voice. Looking at him with a smile while having an internal confusion.

' Hang out? are we close enough for that? ' i was having an internal conversation but when i turned my head a bit, i saw William talking to someone over the phone while his hand is clenching hard on a rail. Looking troubled and hurt?

" Excuse me for——" i was about to excuse myself from Noah since William doesn't realize how he looks right now but then i heard Min's teasing voice.

" Oh what do we have here? Noah? You are coming over to Kierra everyday now. Care to tell us something? ", I felt Min's arms linked on mine, making me look at her like she's saying something unbelievable.

" Uh i have no other motives, i just want to hang out with her and you girls can tag along. Arcade? Lunch? my treat. I still feel bad over what i did to her the other day ", Seeing Noah panicking with a shy face, It made Min and the girls giggle.

" Sure. Come on Kierra, it's free so why not. Girls, get our bags, we have hours free time anyway. " Min is ordering the other girls to get our bags even mine, making me unable to even reject the offer. I wanted to check up on William but i got dragged on this situation.

As we walk towards the stairs, Min whispered to me as we were the last one to go down.

" I saw that William saw you talking to Noah while he is talking over the phone. What do you think his reaction is? ."

After hearing those words i realized how bad i am for this. I stared at Min who is looking at me with a teasing smile.

" Uh guys, can you go ahead? just tell me the place when you get there. I'll be there later. I have an important matter to do right now "., the girls and Noah looked at me and to Min who still has a teasing smile.

" Sure, I'll surely text it to you my wifey. Go ahead now and make sure to be with us fast. " Min chuckled while shoving the girls and Noah to go down faster. They wanted to ask but Min is not letting them have a chance to do so. I just said thanks to Min as soon as they continued going down.

After seeing them off, i started walking upstairs and to the hallway where William is. I saw no one standing at the fire exit, but i can see a head along the staircase. So, i walked slowly towards the small fire exit and i can finally see William's back, his head drooping.

" Everything okay there Zeev? ", i guess my voice shocked him so much that he flinched real hard and had his one feet fall off the next step. That made me laugh.

" M-medi? I thought you went out? and how did you know i was here? " He then started going up to face me, his face smiling at me. He started to look like a happy dog. Not like i am referring him as an animal but he does look like it.

" How can i even go out and enjoy when i saw you and your crumpled face earlier. Geez do you think i wouldn't care? and Hey, i saw you right after i went out of the classroom. Geez let's just go and eat food and do arcades", I clasped his cheeks and laughed. Yeah, being with him sure is more comfortable. How can i trade this with other people.

William's POV

Seeing Kierra's laughing face swept my uneasy and negative thoughts away. Making me sigh in relief with a huge idiotic smile on my face.

" Sure, Who's treat? i can pay for it too. " i said while wiggling my eyebrows, earning a gentle slap on my back and chuckling Kierra.

' Seriously, my life seems warmer with you around Medi . I couldn't ask for more '