Texas/California Friendship

Texas/Cali Friendship

Starts rough for obvious reasons but one night Cali happens upon Texas up late in the kitchen looking like he's about to cry. He isn't going to say anything at first, but decides to suck it up and grab the man a glass of water and sets it in front of him before sitting in the seat across from him.

Texas looks up startled, his eyes hardening, ready for a fight but when he realizes that Cali isn't about to say anything his mouth snaps closed and he drops his head into his hands and begins crying.

Cali is so shook he jumps out of his seat to move and sit next to the southerner and pulls him into a hug. It takes a while but Cali eventually finds out that Texas had heard from Mexico earlier in the day. Things hadn't gone well.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
TW: Suggestions of Self Harm

After that something kinda clicks for them. One day when Cali's fires are really bad he goes to Texas and curls up against him without a word, he's shaking like he's freezing but dragging his nails against his sleeves like he's trying to get out of his skin.

Texas isn't sure what to do, not really having to deal with fires, so he just places a gentle hand around Cali's shoulders and pulls him close holding him until he falls asleep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Cali is the one that Texas first tells that he's Bi and that he has feelings for Loui but he's upset cause Loui's dating Florida.

Cali introduces him to open relationships and polyamory.

Texas kinda blue screens at the thought of dating them both, while Cali laughs at him for a good 10 minutes.