Something's There (DC/MT)

There's something fucking cute about DC/Montana okay?? I don't make the rules. Omgod.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Hey Georgia."

"Hmm?"

"How do you know you're in love?"

Georgia glanced up from staring sleepily at the table. For once he'd gotten here much too early so it was just him and DC and had been for a while. He hadn't wanted to leave because he knew he would have just ended up falling asleep somewhere else and definitely wouldn't have made it back at all. But, he had not expected this line of questioning, honestly, nothing could have prepared him for this coming from the man in front of him.

"Wh-huh?" Eloquent, Georgia, he thought to himself but, he watched as DC flushed a deep red and tucked his head, fiddling with the papers in front of him on the table. It was clear the government had been thinking about this for some time and whoever was on his mind really had him wrapped up. Georgia couldn't stop the small smile, it was honestly pretty cute and he didn't think he could ever remember a time since the fed had first come about that he'd seen him like this.

"How uh… how do you know you're in love? I think or maybe… maybe it's just a crush?" He huffed and ran a hand through his hair roughly, messing it up. 

"A crush, huh?" Georgia pushed, his voice turned teasing, his smile growing when the blush on DC's face turned deeper.

"Oh my god, stop," DC groaned, dropping his head into his hands, "Why did I even mention it."

Georgia took another sip of his coffee and lent back into his chair, "Awright, awright kid, I'm just teasing ya. Calm down and tell me more about this crush of yers."

"I just," DC mumbled against his hands, "He's got such a nice laugh and he's so cute and smart and ugh," His head fell to the table, arms falling over top of it. Georgia looked shocked and was honestly feeling it too, who knew the Fed could crush like that.

"Please tell me it ain't Florida," Georgia begged.

"God no!" DC shot upright, looking horrified, "I love Florida, but we would absolutely kill each other. Besides, he and Wy are really good for each other, which I'm still trying to understand."

"So who is it?"

"...Montana."

"What about me?"

DC froze, his gaze jerked to the door taking in the sight of the State standing there before switching back to Georgia worried that the southerner was going to say something. At the calming smile Georgia sent him DC new he didn't have anything to worry about and relaxed ever so slightly.

"Nuthin' Monty," Georgia spoke up, turning in his chair to glance at the other state, his grin growing warmer, "we were guessing who'd show up first to the meeting today, DC won."

Montana raised an eyebrow as he walked in and took a seat, "Weren't you here first?"

"Nah, I don't count, I got 'ere 'for DC today," Georgia shrugged. Montana sent him a baffled look.

"No one gets here before DC," Montana murmured, sounding almost upset. Georgia almost let loose a snort but held it back as he looked over at DC who seemed to not have noticed at all, instead he was too busy trying not to give Montana doe eyes.

"I'll make sure to be late next week."