123. deceived

A D O M A N I A

cxxiii||deceived

cxxiii||deceived

As the end of July nears, James and Lily become more and more anxious about their baby and when it will arrive. Regulus is sat in the Potter living room with Mad-Eye and Frank Longbottom when Maria trudges down the stairs wearing some leggings and one of Regulus' emerald and silver quidditch jumpers that he'd given her after they finished Hogwarts.

The knitted fabric still smells of strong cologne and an underlying, barely noticeable scent of cigarette smoke. It's comforting to Maria, she pulls the sleeves over her hands as Moody glanced over to her, silencing their conversation.

"Morning, Potter." Frank calls with a large wave making Maria smile unsurely.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" Maria asks them and Regulus sighs, setting down a copy of the daily prophet and grabbing her gently by the arm, pulling her out into the hallway and then into one of the smaller lounge rooms with two armchairs in front of a fireplace.

"There's been talk of a big attack on the Minister." Regulus whispers, tucking some hair behind her ear making her stare up at him inquisitively. "I have to go."

"No you—I'm coming with you. I can—"

"Shh. Sweetheart, you're not coming with me." Regulus smiles sadly, tracing his thumb over her cheekbone as she goes to speak again making him place a finger over her lips. "I'll be back later. I promise. And we can eat loads of strawberries and chocolate and forget all about it."

"You can't promise me things like that." Maria shakes her head, allowing a single tear to roll down her cheek. Regulus smiles, leaning down to press his lips onto her fuller ones and she places her palm against his cheek softly.

"I'll be back later." Regulus reassures, pressing another kiss on her forehead before walking down the hall making Maria sigh and slouch into one of the armchairs, pulling her legs to her chest and staring into the glowing flames of the constant fire.

Maria often ponders what it would be like to loose someone as important as Regulus. Not because she likes thinking about it, but it's sort of a natural thing to think when there's a huge war and people around you are dying every day.

A few hours later, Maria has just gotten out of the shower and is getting dressed, well, not dressed but more like for sitting in her house doing nothing. She clasps the purple bra behind her back and pulls up some blue and white, tartan pyjama shorts. She scrunches her damp hair with the towel when the door slowly opens.

Regulus is stood with a small smile on his face and he looks over at her making her sigh in relieve and rush towards him. Her arms wrap around his neck and she squeals slightly as her legs wrap around his waist and he holds her up by her thighs.

"Thank goodness you're okay." Maria breathes, pulling away slightly to press her lips against his, her hands grasping at the back of his neck.

Regulus turns around so her back roughly hits the wall and she lets her feet hit the floor, kissing him desperately. His lips travel slowly and roughly down her neck, something about his kisses feel different. Rough and angry, his hands that are gripping her waist are tight and almost painful. His hand slowly snakes up to her neck and grips it tightly, smirking slightly and she gasps slightly.