[2-6]

Amity had snitched Lucky out when they got in the car, the basilisk having been given the chore she hated most-- Washing dishes-- then grounded. The next day, when Lucky entered school with Amity, the basilisk was given a detention paper. "Dang it.." Lucky examined the paper. "Hang out in class Amity, I have detention for lunch and break.."

"It's alright," Amity ruffled Lucky's hair. "I'll just call Luz."

Lucky nodded, walking off to her first class.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"..." Lucky sighed, turning her head to face the board. "Time is slow.."

Clara pat her head, Lucky jerking up and away, "...Sorry-" Clara blurted out.

Lucky shook her head, "It's alright.." Lucky moved a bit farther from her.

Clara cleared her throat, "So uh- The project-?"

Lucky reached in to her bag, pulling out a medium sized box and her notebook. "I..I know you said you liked my idea yesterday..But what you said about it the other day made me rethink the plan.." Lucky opened her notebook. "And I came up with this.."

Clara held her hand out, Lucky handing her the book, "Yesterday?"

"Mm.."

Clara scanned it, "I still like the other one better, but if you want to do this one, we can." Clara handed it back.

Lucky nodded slowly, "..W..What about you? Do you have any ideas..?"

Clara hummed, "I do now. Want to come up with one together?"

Lucky perked up, getting visibly excited, "Really?"

"Of course." Clara nodded. "Teamwork makes the dream work."

Lucky felt a sudden twinge of her phantom tail wagging, keeping herself from switching, "Let's get to cracking then!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Clara! Clara Clara Claraaa!!" Lucky rushed to the girl.

"Hm?" She turned, stumbling back as Lucky rammed in to her. "What's wrong--"

"Help-" She hid behind her, peeking over her shoulder.

The boy from the food fight slid to a halt, clicking his tounge, "I'd punch you if you weren't the richest girl in town.." He uttered.

"I'd let you," Clara stepped back. "But I have work later, and I don't have time to wash off blood."

"Fine. But give me the rat." He hissed. "She got me kicked off the team, and I'm not letting that slide."

Lucky hummed quietly, glancing around, hiding behind Clara a little better. "No. You're not touching her." Clara uttered.

"That b---ch is going to get it when I lay a hand on her--"

"I'll kick your sorry behind if you do." Clara hissed back.

"Why are you protecting her? She's just a useless waste of time, of air. Move aside Clara, or I'll risk getting sued by your not so caring parents."

Clara rose a brow, "You think I don't know they don't care? I literally knew this since I was two." Clara lightly scoffed. "I'd sue you myself, I have my own money. Touch Lucky, and you'll be getting a letter from court."

"She's a freak! You shouldn't even be seen around her! Clara! Move the hell aside or you'll be caught in the fight!"

Clara felt Lucky press the side of her head against her back, "..." Clara tensed as she felt Lucky tremble, glancing back at her.