[2-38]

Luz did not leave the house today. Luz stayed home in her mother's arms. Luz slept through most of the day, not having slept the previous night. Though she did sleep a bit in the morning, she had nightmares every half hour. Luz, was not okay. She let another man effect her outlook on her life. "Luz.."

"Mm..?" The witchling glanced up. "Si Mama..?"

"To bed."

Luz stood, placing her tea down, "Okay.."

Camilla went up with her, Luz walking upstairs to her room, going over to her nest. She knelt down, taking her blanket, moving her pillow, and lying down. "Mija.." Camilla sat down by her, moving Luz's hair back. "I don't like seeing you like this.."

"..I'm sorry.."

"Don't start that, there is nothing to be sorry about." Camilla pat Luz's head. "Up."

The witchling shuffled a bit, resting her head on her mother's thigh. "...."

"No te preocupes Mija." Camilla combed her fingers through Luz's hair. "You'll always be safe with me, te lo prometo."

Looking back, Luz has never, never in her life flinched with Camilla. Camilla could beat her down, hold her at gunpoint, anything. And Luz still wouldn't flinch. "I know Mama." Luz smiled slightly. "I trust you."

'Do you though? Mama is the only one who hasn't hurt me. I love my mom. Are you saying Edalyn has hurt you? She did. Once.' Luz took a breath. "Once.."

"Hm?" Camilla gently scratched behind Luz's ear. "Once?"

Luz curled up slightly, "When Eda hit me.."

Camilla thought for a second, then nodded, "I remember.."

"I didn't mean to ruin it for her.." Luz mumbled. "I just wanted to help.."

"And now you overhelp." Camilla lightly pinched Luz's cheek. "Amor, I love you, I know you tried to help. It wasn't your fault, you were nine. Luz, mi niña, Eda hated seeing you cry. She learned never to hit you again. She grew to hate seeing you cry, Luz."

The witchling nodded, "Thank you Mama..For not hitting me when I was growing up.."

Camilla smiled, "I hit you several times. They were very weak though. Come here."

Luz sat up, carefully sitting in her mother's lap. "Are you going to try and burp me?"

"No~" Camilla hugged Luz, gently patting her back. "Okay maybe~ But this is how I got you to sleep when you were a few months old. You'd knock out like a light and wake up when it was time to eat."

Luz relaxed, leaning her head against Camilla's. "..rr...Mmrr...MrrRrr~" Luz purred quietly, closing her eyes, her ears relaxing.

"Una rata vieja que era planchadora
por planchar su falda se quemó la cola
se puso pomada y se amarró un trapito
y a la pobre rata le quedó un rabito
lero lero lero lero lero la esa rata vieja no sabe planchar..~" Camilla hummed softly, rubbing Luz's back. "..Lo siento Luz.."

The witchling hid her face in Camilla's shoulder, trembling. "Hicc-" Luz tried to keep quiet, she truly did, but she couldn't, and let out a sob. "No f..fue tu culpa Mami- Te lo ju-uro- Nunca lo tendré en tu contra-"

Camilla hushed Luz through her own tears, kissing her head, "Ya. A dormir mi niña. Te protecto hoy..Descansa.." Camilla rocked back and forth slowly, hushing Luz.

..It took an hour for Luz to stop crying, another two, to get her to sleep. But it only took twenty minutes for her to have a nightmare. Eda had to enter Luz's mind at one point to turn a painting over, and rid of the nightmares. But she..Saw something, in there..