[2-23]

Please stay up episode :(

Amity, Clara, and Lucky spent the night. Because it started raining, and two of them were terrified of thunder.

Friday, four A.M. Luz hummed quietly as she curled up a bit, holding Amity close, earning a small whine from her as her blanket was moved slightly. "Morning.." Luz said in a mellow voice.

"Meep-" Amity yelped quietly.

"What's wrong Dear..?" Luz asked.

"..I like the sound of your voice in the morning.." Amity whispered.

Luz smiled tiredly, kissing her head and removing her side of the blanket. "Yeah? Sorry hon but it doesn't last long. I have to get ready, you can sleep for a little longer." Luz slipped out of bed.

She carefully got out, adjusting Amity's blanket and quietly leaving the room. She went down the hall, entering the guest room, going over to Lucky's bag. She pulled out the pills, opening it up, taking one out. Luz summoned a water, closing the pills and going to the basilisk. "Lucky.."

"...."

"Lucky, take your pill.." Luz gently shook her.

She hissed softly, squeezing Clara who was fast asleep and happily dreaming. "Muhhh..." Lucky whined quietly.

"You can go to sleep after you take your pill."

Lucky turned, carefully sitting up and taking the pill. Luz opened the water, handing it to Lucky who drank a little over half before handing it back to Luz. Clara flinched, groaning quietly and curling up, "Shh.." Lucky pat her head, fluffing up her hair a bit.

"You don't have your.." Luz signaled behind herself. "Out at night..Do you?"

Lucky thought for a second, quickly moving the covers aside. Her tail had left an imprint on the bed around Clara and under her, explaining the current uncomfort from the girl. Her pillow was gone, and now it was cold. Lucky facepalmed, "I'm such an idiot-- And it had to be here didn't it?-"

Luz hushed her, "It's fine. Don't let her find out. Go back to sleep, I'll be working on breakfast." She pat Lucky's head before leaving the room again.

Clara squirmed, humming nervously as she shivered. Lucky lied back down, hugging Clara, being quickly pulled over and nuzled. "Clara-"

"Warm..So very warm.." Clara hummed quietly, squeezing the basilisk.

Lucky hummed nervously, lowering her reddening face and hiding it in Clara's chest. "I don't deserve you Clara.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

At school, Amity noticed that Lucky tried to keep her distance from Clara, but she ultimately failed and wouldn't let her go. Luz was too stupid to realize, or maybe she did and just didn't care because she had her Goddess. But, when the Blights got home and Alador walked away to continue lunch, Amity stopped Lucky.

The basilisk jumped, "Yes?-"

"Were you trying to ignore Clara?"

"..No-"

"Lucky."

The basilisk sighed, scratching at her neck, "I know Luz and I had a talk about me being deserving of stuff--" Lucky sat on the stairs. "But Clara is like a god-- Do I deserve a God's presence?-"

"Humans belive they deserve a presence of a God they put on a stake who came back and parted an ocean or something. I'm sure you deserve Clara. And I'm sure she'd like to deserve you too." Amity kissed her forehead. "I'm going to be working on a project, come in if you need anything, bring up my lunch."

Lucky nodded slowly, Amity ruffling her hair before passing her and going upstairs. Lucky pulled her phone out, dialing a favorite number of hers. "Yep?"

"Can I come over?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Thank you.." Lucky took the cup of tea, taking a sip.

"My pleasure. So, what's up?" Luz sat, crossing her legs. "You only call when you need my hugs or are upset cause you feel like you don't--" Luz paused. "Lucky.."

The basilisk bit her lower lip, glancing up at Luz's slight glare, and cracking at the pressure. "I don't deserve Clara- A-And I'm starting to feel like a burden to the both of you and now I feel like I'm making it worse by using you to vent of my worries while I wait for my therapist tomorrow-"

Luz softened, holding her arms out, Lucky placing her tea aside and quickly taking the hug. "Lucky..You deserve so much here..And besides, to me, a burden is something forced upon me, the person who's suffering leaving me to handle it. Lucky, I am happy to help you with your load every once in awhile-"

"But it's not right!" Lucky practically yelled, gripping Luz's shirt, tearing up. "I shouldn't be helped-- Luz I was supposed to die a long time ago-- I never asked to be made- I never asked to continue my life--"

Luz hushed her, "Don't talk like that. Do not think that you don't deserve anything. Lucky, because we love you, do you think we don't deserve you?"

She sniffled, shaking her head lightly, "If Clara loves you, does that mean she doesn't deserve you?"

Lucky hesitated, a small silence falling over the room. Then she shook her head. "Yet when you love us, you don't deserve us?"

The basilisk whimpered, wrapping her arms around Luz's neck and crying. "I want to think that way-- Hicc- B..But I can't-- I..I-I don't feel des--"

"You deserve to love, Lucky. For just a minute, forget about your basilisk friends, your family. Hm? For just a minute, believe that you escaped on your own and somehow managed to be happy during it. Now, you're here. We love you, Clara is your bestest friend, Amity is still your sister, Alador and Odalia love you as their child. And me, I still love you because you're cool and super sweet. Yeah?"

Lucky rubbed her eyes, "Mm.."

"Okay. We're in that world. Would you feel deserving of loving someone?"

Lucky pondered the thought, nuzzling Luz as she did. 'If I didn't have the other basilisks..I'd have the rats..And they were there for me when I protected them..And if I was here..And everyone still loved me..' Lucky squeezed Luz, and nodded.

"So why can't you do that in this one." Luz said softly.

Lucky relaxed. "I..I can.."

She could feel Luz smile and lightly nuzzle her, wiping away her tears. Luz carefully stood, lying Lucky down on the couch, "Give me a minute, I'll come back after I bring up the biscuits."

Lucky released the witch, nodding. Luz stepped back, patting Lucky's head and leaving the room. The basilisk sat in comfortable silence for a good two minutes, humming quietly as her tail slowly wagged. Then she got bored, and started daydreaming.

She grinned at her thoughts, her face growing warm, 'Holding hands with Clara..Hehe- A-And playing with her soft hair..Cuddling..Is someone talking to me? Who cares..Clara is so pretty to look at..D..Do I deserve her? Luz told me I did. And Luz doesn't lie to me..' Lucky sighed heavily, covering her face. 'I wish Clara was here..'

"Lucky..--"

The basilisk paused, her tail wagging swiftly, hitting the couch as it recognized that lovely voice. "W..What is that..?"

Lucky tensed, quickly sitting up, stopping her tail. "Clara--"

To be continued.