Chapter Fourteen

RAVENCLAW GIRL, FUTURE LOVEGOOD BRIDE

More than ever before, summer seemed to be approaching slow.

Anne had just reached the first of June, but she felt like dying in the Common Room rug out of exhaustion.

Her head was resting on James' left thigh as he did his homework lazily, stopping to talk to Sirius and sip his tea more than actually writing.

Remus had her feet on his lap, reading his book calmly and had not a single word in more than an hour.

Peter was sitting on the chair two feet away from them, curled up in a ball and sleeping so deeply that drool was coming out of his mouth, he had been so tired and yet he had gone up to their rooms and grabbed a blanket to put over Anne's legs to 'protect her from eyes', he had said, glaring at the fifth years that had looked up when she lied down in her skirt, James gave him a thumb up.

Sirius was another one that had looked, though clearly out of reflex when James had told him not to look. He had received a good kick of James' right leg, but did mostly ignore Anne besides a normal check up to see if she was asleep. Ever since he found out Anne was James' 'cousin', he had been kinder, though still hardly ever going past politeness.

Anne's eyes had just closed when James gave a little jump and whimper. She opened her eyes, startled, hand flying to her wand.

"Evans? Where are you going?" James asked, getting up so suddenly that he dropped Anne's head.

Peter woke up, looking around in confusion as well.

"None of your business, Potter," Lily said near the portrait.

Groaning when her head hit the floor, Anne sat down to see Remus laughing in silence and Sirius red in the face, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Ouch," Anne complained, hand caressing the back of her head.

Remus was quick to put his hand over hers and pull her to an embrace, her face buried in his chest. At first, she thought he was comforting her for the pain, after a second, she understood that it was his way to keep her quiet. She pulled away, confused and sleepy.

"You look great!" James spilled.

Sirius snickered, putting his arm over his mouth to keep Lily from hearing it.

But the thing was that Lily did look great. She had a blue dress on, probably made out of satin and was clearly braless by the naked back of the dress showing all of her white skin in the back. She had black shoes and her hair was down.

"You do look great," Anne said. "Love the dress."

Lily only now seemed to notice Anne sitting on the floor.

"Oh, thanks," she answered.

Much to Anne's dismay, she had not managed to get close to Lily. They were polite to one another, but it certainly was awkward. James had laughed it off, but he did seem a bit worried over it now that summer was coming by and he had no relationship and neither did Anne.

"Party?" Remus asked.

"Yeah," she said. "Pandora's turning seventeen, so..."

"Oh," Sirius said, finally looking alert. "We were invited, Prongs. I knew I was forgetting something! Shit. If we run, we can totally get ready and pop up for a bit."

"Is Tuesday," Peter said.

All the boys looked at him with the same message of 'shut it, Pete'. Anne understood then that the boys had not been planning on showing up at the party at all, Sirius had not forgotten, he had ignored it. Rolling her eyes and sighing, she got up.