Chapter Thirty-Four

Dearest Regulus,

I have been made aware by Severus that you woke up with the most awful of hangovers the day after your birthday. I had imagined so, of course, your state of you by the time I left. Did you know you asked me to spend the night? Of course, you meant it as an odd way to show your gratitude for the night I allowed you to spend in here, but your mother seemed quite angry; I hope it didn't bring you any trouble.

As you're have also been made aware, Severus has been brought into the Inner Circle, though he tried to find a way out. Things are going to harder for you as well right now, dear Regulus, and I hope you have a way to cope, because He is coming for you soon enough and there's little I can do from here.

I made sure my public image has not been tied to Albus Dumbledore and I hope that means that our friendship has not been made into a problem.

What do you think of meeting before your cousin's wedding? I'm not exactly sure what to wear to a pure-blood, traditionally important wedding. I was hoping you could be of help.

From your clueless friend,

Anne.

With the very last of ink of the pot on her writing desk, Anne finished writing the letter, but didn't have the time to let it dry and put it inside the envelop, because a loud noise made her jump from the chair, startled.

Running, she got to the door before any other noise could be heard and opened it, holding the wand tightly on her right hand.

As she put her head out the door, Sirius stumbled out into the corridor in his underwear, clearly just woken up by the messy hair.

"Anne," he mumbled. "Go back inside."

She glared at him, clearly not in the mood to allow him to give out orders. Anne walked out of the room, throwing the robe over her nightgown back into the room and closing the door as she walked towards the stairs.

James' door opened this time and two heads poked out. James' as he put on a robe and a girl with black hair – Anne looked at the girl before looking away, ignoring the girl's presence and starting to go down the first few steps.

"Anne!" James reprehended from his place. "Get back here now!"

"Anne!" Sirius called once more. "Stop!"

Anne kept on walking.

She crouched down once she was near the end of the stairs, ignoring the fact she could feel Sirius moving right behind her and could hear James urging the girl to get back into his bedroom for safety as he started to move down the stairs as well.

Anne had no reason to be afraid, turned out, because Monty was already standing in the middle of the mudroom, front door wide open as he supported Dumbledore and Mia supported Alastor Moody, both stumbling into the house.

"What the fuck?" Anne asked.

"What's happened?" James asked, running down to help his mother. "Professor? Auror Moody?"

"I hope I didn't wake you all," Dumbledore said.

"I wasn't asleep yet," Anne said.

Sirius didn't answer, blinking his sleep away.

"Yeah," mumbled James.

Sirius glanced between Anne and James, quickly uncomfortable by the fact that Anne had seen James leaving the room with a girl that clearly was not her mother, but Anne didn't seem to mind, after all it was none of her business – she knew James and Lily were yet to be together.