Chapter Seventy-Four

SLYTHERIN DORMS

TW: EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT IN THE FIRST PART OF THE CHAPTER; IT CAN BE SKIPED IF WISHED. (i realised i've skipped a few chapters without putting a tw, so i'm very sorry about it). 

If Anne was still upset about him keeping secrets, she didn't show to Regulus, but Regulus still felt guilty even though she had insisted everything was alright. That was why Regulus was awake in the middle of the night and that was also why Anne was sneaking into the Slytherin dorms in the middle of the night, both unaware of what the other was doing at that very moment, but as people always say, great minds think alike.

Regulus was silent, listening to the sounds of breathing coming from the other beds, looking at the boring ceiling, willing sleep to come and take him away from his anxious and annoying thoughts when he heard a small creak of the floorboards. A small and usual thing to happen, indeed, maybe even a mistake of a boy half-asleep, but a mistake that nobody in the dormitory would've made. Everybody knew about the third floorboard from the door and nobody stepped on it – Rosier had even joked before that it brought bad-luck and, although it had been said in a mockery, nobody dared destiny in times of war and no boy had stepped on it ever since.

Whoever was in the bedroom, knew nothing of the floorboard.

Regulus had his wand in hand in a second, eyes narrowing to see through the dark as he got to his knees on the bed, moving slowly to not make noise as he leaned to the side to peak through the curtains.

Nothing. There was nothing. No movement, all the curtains on the beds were closed and –

An invisible hand covered his mouth in the moment he relaxed. He threw his hand up, ready for a non-verbal stupefy when the head of the invisible person appeared and, although it was dark and he was confused and scared, he would know that messy red hair anywhere in the world.

"Anne!" he whispered.

She smiled at his reaction, trying not to laugh as she pushed him to the side, entering his bed and closing his curtain.

"Hi," she whispered back, taking the rest of the Invisibility Cloak away from her body. She was in her pyjamas. "Can't sleep? Neither can I."

He threw a locking charm and a silencing spell quickly before he turned to look at her.

"You scared half of my life away," he complained, voice now in a normal volume.

"I didn't mean to, really," she said. "I thought you'd be asleep," she added the lie. "I just wanted to surprise you, I'm sorry. I can leave if you want me to."

He rolled his eyes.

"Of course not!" he said, face softening at her. "When have I ever asked you to leave me, Anne?"

She smiled at him, leaning towards him for a quick peck.

"I had to break into the boy's dormitory to get the Cloak and then I had to wait for an hour and a half outside until somebody walked in," she said. "Did you know that Yaxley's little brother was shagging a Hufflepuff and he got here just now. If I was a Prefect, I'd totally give him a detention for lacking of pleasure for her."

Regulus frowned.

"You watched them?"

"I heard them," she corrected. "She was complaining."

"About what?"

"That he never went down on her," she said, throwing the cloak to the end of the bed and lying down. Regulus still was sitting on the bed while Anne seemed very comfortable in his bed. "I mean, he didn't need to do that, but apparently she always goes down on him and she was expecting something back, but he walked away."