Chapter Fifty-Five

FLOWERS

Sirius Black didn't make a single comment on how his brother seemed too happy as he laughed of something Severus Snape had said; after all, there was no way Snape was funny, especially at that time in the morning. But he knew why Regulus was in such a good mood, the way Snape had held onto his collar and raised it just enough to peek into the shirt, to the shoulder and laughed, shaking his head only made it obvious.

In silence as his Remus talked excitedly about his newest interest (candle-making and scent-making) and how his 'furry little problem' finally was helping him in something other than hearing gossips. He had been very happy about it because it could actually turn into a job in the future and that was something he could enjoy doing.

"...I'm sorry if I'm boring you," Remus said suddenly.

Sirius turned to him with wide eyes.

"You're not. Why would you even say that?" Sirius asked, shaking his head in despair. "I'm just a bit distracted now and Anne isn't here yet and... well, Regulus looks a bit too happy."

"Can you, please, stop trying to get involved in your brother's love life?" Remus said, sighing. "He's happy with her and she's quite happy with him. The nightmares stopped, Sirius, that has to count for something."

"Stopped? How do you know that?" Sirius asked.

Remus took a deep breath and looked at the doors of the Great Hall as Anne waved at Marlene and quickly made her way to sit beside her friend, Lily jumping to whisper something that made her laugh on her ear and hold her hand. James barely looked up, half-asleep over his place because Marlene had accidently revealed that – once more – Anne wasn't on the dormitory and he had spent the night searching for her in the Map and she was nowhere to be seen until he fell asleep around three in the morning.

"Take one good look at her," Remus said.

"She looks happy," Sirius had to admit.

"She looks healthy," Remus corrected. "Look, the bags under her eyes are getting better and her face not always bloated in the morning, which means she didn't cry herself to sleep again. It might be a coincidence that her relationship with him and the nightmares stopping had the same timing, but it certainly could mean something."

Sirius shifted, uncomfortable, on his seat.

"That doesn't sound healthy."

"What?"

"Her mental health getting better just because she's in a relationship," he said.

Remus rolled his eyes.

"This has nothing to do with it."

"It has, though!" Sirius insisted.

"Just because they feel comfortable with each other and talk to each other, making their traumas be a bit more bearable, it doesn't matter they are co-dependent, Sirius," Remus disagreed. "We know Anne. She's strong and has plans on her own; not everything in her life revolves around Regulus. I'm sure Regulus would be a lot happier if Anne focused on him as much as she focusses on her plans."

"And I'm sure James would be happy if she focused on her grades," Sirius said, moody.

That made Remus laugh.

"By your tone of voice, James is not the only one that is a bit jealous of her," Remus teased. "Must I be worried?"

Sirius slapped his arm, making Remus' laughter grow even more as he reached for his cup to drink his apple juice, though he struggled to swallow it mid laughter and trying to hold back his grin as his boyfriend's anger and embarrassment took over his face, making it go very pink on the cheeks and forehead.