Chapter Ninety -

BOREDOM AND WORKING

TW: Explicit Sexual Content in the second part of the chapter.

Please, comment! Love you all.

Remus Lupin had a reason besides the boring turn his life had taken and the anxiety the stillness drove him to pile up. Remus needed 'pocket-money', he needed an emergency fund in case something like the way his father had practically kicked him out happened again – he needed money for him and, perhaps, for Sirius. Against Anne's words, Sirius had started looking for flats and Remus had been helping him, always wishing to say that he would help paying for it, even if Sirius didn't need monetary help; he had been quite happy with waiting, dreaming of distant times, but Sirius had found the perfect one and was happily talking about it every night, willing Remus to imagine living with him over there in the future.

That led Remus to stand in his stupid uniform outside the Muggle Club in the middle of the night. That also led to his head working frantically to find a good excuse to explain what he was doing to Sirius.

He had gotten the job almost as soon as he stepped inside the Club once he saw the notice that they were looking for someone. He was tall and was stronger than he looked like, so the owner – Ry, a Spanish man that actually was named Ricardo – decided he was it and was even happier when he saw that Remus was freshly eighteen. He wasn't paid per month, but per day worked (sketchy, but worth it, he decided, after all he wouldn't find a better paying job in a single bus of distance from Potter Manor).

Still thinking, he didn't notice the young girl standing in front of him until she cleaned her throat. She was blonde, short and slightly overweight, but he had never seen someone look so old and young at the same time.

"Identification, please," he said.

She looked at him.

"You're Welsh?" she asked, straight up.

Remus blinked. He had spent so much time with James, Sirius, Anne and Peter that it was slightly surprising that anybody noticed any accent left. He had never liked his accent, if he was honest – it looked great in some people, but he wasn't one of them.

"Yes," he said.

"Nice. I picked up the accent a bit, almost gone. Must have been living in Surrey for some time" she smiled at him. "What's your name?"

His time, he heard giggles. There was a group of young girls standing a few steps away from them, watching the interaction between the him and the girl with attentive eyes. He felt uncomfortable. He had been through it before, a girl had talked to him and it had been a prank.

"Remus," he answered. "Remus Lupin."

"Is that a Welsh name?" she asked.

"No," he dismissed.

"I'm Maggie, Maggie Frazer," she introduced herself. "Do you live nearby?"

"Yeah," he said. "I live by the Whinch Passage."

There were two streets near the Whinch Passage, and he didn't say which one, which made him feel quite safe, but what he didn't expect was for her to turn almost pale as she stared at him.

"Hordwood End?" she stuttered.

He was surprise that she knew exactly the street and, suspiciously, his eyes squinted as he tried to see if there was some Glamour or something, but there was nothing. She didn't smell familiar nor did she smell like she had been using magic at all, not even in potion form. She was Muggle, totally and boringly Muggle.