Chapter Seventy-Seven

THE CHAPTER YA'LL BEEN WAITING FOR AND MESSAGING ME ABOUT. LILY HEARS THE TRUTH.

TW: PAST CHILD ABUSE/DOMESTIC ABUSE 

LILY EVANS'S TRUTH

May 1st came and went, but since it was a Sunday, Lily decided not to celebrate her eighteenth birthday until the next Saturday, but still, she spent the day with Marlene, Dorcas and Anne, watching the very tense match of Gryffindor against Slytherin. That was when Pandora and Mary came to sit in the Gryffindor's bleachers.

"Happy birthday, Lily," said Mary, smiling at her.

"Thanks, Mary," Lily said. "Not wanting to sit with the Ravenclaws today?"

"They're not all that excited about the match today," Pandora said. "They're not cheering as much."

"The Ravenclaws are quite divided at the moment between who to cheer on, so they decided not to cheer at all," Mary explained. "We thought we'd get more excited and blend in if we were here."

Anne smiled at her when their eyes met.

Mary and Anne weren't that close and, even in her life before, Anne had only met Mary once. She was a muggleborn, born and raised in Muggle Central London by a father who was a carpenter and a mother who was teacher in a Secondary School. After finishing Hogwarts and the war growing cold, she married a muggle teacher and lived a normal, muggle life for as long as possible, she had two children and raised them as normally as she could through the trauma of being one of the only ones to survive the war. Still, children grow and magic appears – she had to explain to her husband who she was and the world she lived in and what she had survived to be there. Her three children got magic. Her three children went to Hogwarts and were younger than Anne; Anne had even tutored Emilia, the youngest of them all, in Charms once. Harry and Hermione had saved her from the Muggle-Born movement that Umbridge had started, but Anne did think she had recognized them at all, though her eyes did stop on Anne once the Polyjuice's effect ended.

"Are you feeling better, Anne?" Pandora asked.

Confused, Anne turned to her.

"Better?" she asked.

"You had a terrible hangover yesterday," Pandora said.

"I didn't drink yesterday," Anne said, blinking.

"Really? How odd," Pandora said. "You're not one to be as distracted and lost as you were yesterday."

Anne blushed. There was no secret to why she was like this. In the last two days before that one, when Anne and Regulus had their first time, she felt herself out of orbit whenever she was slightly bored, always thinking about him and sighing to herself.

"Oh," was all Anne said.

"Oh?" said Lily, raising her eyebrows. "You're blushing."

"I am not," Anne dismissed.

"Tell me," Marlene said, leaning towards Anne with the most terrifying grin on her lips, hands still holding Dorcas', trying to warm them up. "Tell me, tell me, tell me. Please. What happened? Oh! I can see a smile. I can see a smile!"

"Stop!" Anne laughed.

"Anne, tell us. Did what I think happened really happened?" Lily asked.

"Did you and him have sex, finally?" Marlene asked.

Dorcas looked slightly confused.

"You're dating?" Dorcas asked.

Marlene laughed.