Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Four

NARCISSA'S WORK

Being a spy wasn't as easy as Narcissa thought it would be and it felt a lot more dangerous than she expected. Listening, reading in between the lines and pretending not to pay attention at the same time was especially hard now that she was pregnant and her hormones seemed to make her actually distracted all the time; if she already had the fame of being an 'air-head' between the Death Eaters, it certainly got a lot more solid now. However, the positions of being stupid and distracted all the time made her job easier.

People would talk about everything nearby her, because of course, she wasn't listening after all, but she was and she was trying to keep everything in her mind so she could pass it along to Anne once those people got out from near her. Still, because of Dark Lord took residency in her own Manor, she had to be a lot more careful now; though Lucius was on her side and sometimes even passing more information along to her, her father-in-law, Abraxas, was not and would never be by her side on this and Abraxas was a difficult and dangerous man who had a lot of connections, enough to get to disappear once her Heir of the House's son was born and nobody would ever question him,

Narcissa was terrified and she feared the stress would somehow harm her baby, but she swallowed her exhaustion, her fears and her painful moments of doubt while she hid away in the Library of the Manor, alone. She kept at it. She kept of listening and reading in between the lines to write every detail she could remember to Anne.

Still, she hated how nothing ever seemed important enough. It was accountant's details, people complained they didn't have enough allies in England and had to look for them in Ireland and Scotland and the Republic of Ireland as well, some xenophobic comments against the Bulgarians that joined the cause (that actually was important to Anne, according to her answer) and maybe some complaints about Voldemort never appearing in person in meetings anymore.

It was already February when she heard something important.

Import enough to make her eyes widen as she knew it could everything.

Rookwood got information inside the Ministry.

Standing right behind the Library door as the meeting went on the parlour beside it, she listened closely. What caught her attention was the celebration on the other room, that made her get up and walk closer to the door, opening it ever so slightly.

"Alright, alright. I know we are all happy, however, we need to think this through," Lord Voldemort's voice boomed through. "If this will be our last fight, we need to get as much attention as possible. So our wonderful poster-boy, here, Mister Rookwood, found a way."

More clapping, some whooping. Bellatrix laughed. Narcissa held her breath.

"What will we do?" Abraxas asked.

"Rookwood found the wonderful information inside the auror department with the help of a young and eager auror who shall remain nameless who is compassionate to our cause," the Dark Lord continued. "Now, we have the schedule of two members of the Order. And one of them is... Alastor Moody!"

"Down with him!"

"I'm tired of his bullshit!"

"Long time no see the old man!"

"He deserves death."

She frowned. Those people always had death first in their minds, and she was happy that she couldn't hear Lucius' voice celebrating anything through the wall and the slightly open door, otherwise she would throw up.

"Tomorrow, we attack," Lord Voldemort announced. "Tomorrow at Hogsmeade at the right time, we will attack. Emmeline Vance, your daughter, Mister Vance, who ran away two years ago, will be there and Moody will have an overlapping with her shift for three hours. We have time enough to attack."