Chapter One Hundred and Forty -

LAST CHAPTER!

THERE'S AN EPILOGUE, BUT THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE CHAPTER CHAPTER OF FROM EDEN.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THIS, REALLY. FOR THE SUPPORT AND FOR THE LOVE; IT'S AMAZING TO ME THAT IT GOT SO MUCH ATTENTION. I LOVE HOW FAR WE CAME. THIS STORY TAUGHT ME A LOT ABOUT MYSELF AND ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. I'M VERY PROUD OF MYSELF FOR THE HEALING THAT I ACHIVED THROUGH ANNE AND THE OTHER CHARACTERS THAT HAD PARTS OF THE STORY SIMILAR TO ME.

I HOPE FROM EDEN HELPED YOU OR ENTERTAINED YOU. THANK YOU.

WAR

When the physical war ends, another one starts, this time a mental one where nobody is completely sure who the enemy is.

Fear there's no form or silhouette. Fear there's no voice and no smile.

But it did take form on Tom Riddle's laughter and the way his eyes bore into one's mind, prying all and any information that he could in the most painful way possible. Not many people would get a meeting with him and live to tell the tale, but the remaining Potter and Black family did, and they weren't sure they wanted to tell the tale to the world.

There had been two days with barely any sleep and all of them were exhausted, but Anne looked completely normal, as if nothing had changed for her – it took a moment for Remus to realise at the breakfast table that it was correct; nothing had changed for her. She had just gone through another war, it was just damage on top of the damage that she already had, and it was a lot better than the first time. This time they had won. This time she was home. This time there were people waiting for her to get back home.

They found comfort in some things.

Remus started to buy more furniture for the apartment Sirius and him would move as soon as it was furnished. Sirius found himself studying Child Psychology for fun and deciding to get another look into it before starting to work with Mary. Lily found herself reading more and more about raising a baby. Severus found comfort in the way that the newspapers were hating him, but were calling him a hero. Mia found comfort in Regulus bringing Laurie to live with them after asking for permission – an unnecessary one, Mia had insisted, because of course Laurie can live with us. Regulus found comfort in Anne and Anne in him; they were both alive, something that both believed to be impossible by the end of the war.

"There's so much we can actually do now," Anne said, looking at the newspaper in the third day. "We can get married –"

"We are married," he argued, grinning at her.

"Well, married in the way that you wanted to be married. With the big party and the family; in the way that you were taught that weddings should be," she explained. "And we can get Laurie, officially."

"I'm his godfather, though. His mother is in prison for the rest of her life, I have been absolved of all my crimes and his father is dead," he said. "He's already mine."

"But nobody needs to know whose child he is by blood," Anne said. "It's safe for him."

Now that the Dark Lord was gone and really dead, a severed head there to prove it, a lot of people presented themselves with anger towards purebloods, even Regulus, who had literally helped them to bring the whole ordeal down. Just because Laurie was a child and completely innocent of his father's crimes, that didn't mean that he was safe from the population post-war anger.

"You want to put your surname?" he asked. "I can get Nott on it."

"Nott's in prison for another six months," Anne reminded him.