One time

One month ago...

Minho told Chan everything about the breakup. And Chan, as a good friend, went to find the guy who broke Minho's heart and kick his ass.

Yeah...that didn't go as planned.

Chan went to Seungmin's work place fuming. He sneaked into the theater and sat down on one of the chairs in the dark, catching a glimpse of the rehearsals.

Then he heard it.

The most beautiful voice he ever heard. A sweet and steady voice lingering on his ears.

That was Seungmin.

Chan approached slowly the scene until Seungmin spotted him and stopped singing.

-Can I help you? he asked clueless.

-I'm Chan. Minho's friend, replied Chan a little lost.

-Oh... Nice to meet you! You probably know who I am. That's the main reason you're here, right?

-What? Chan snapped back as from a trance.

-You want to hit me for what I did to Minho, he added crouching down to be at Chan's level. Go ahead! I deserve it.

-Why are you so calm about it?

-Because I know that my pain will make Minho feel better. So it's fine.

Chan looked deeply in Seungmin's glassy eyes and saw a broken soul smiling humbly at him. He couldn't hit him. He felt like he wasn't able to lay a finger on him at all.

He sighed and turned around towards the exit.

-See you around, Seungmin! he waved without looking back.

-Goodbye, hyung!

The week between Christmas and New Year

Chan drove for hours, but he didn't got bored a second, cause besides him was his beautiful angel humming every single song that would come up at the radio.

He was in love with every part of Seungmin, including his voice and his fingertips patting Chan's leg everytime he would get excited.

And for Chan looking was just enough. He had his boundaries. No hitting on your friend's ex. He held on that principle. But he was human. He couldn't take it any longer.

The first stop was at a huge hospital where Chan learned a few things about a successful surgery while Seungmin was behind the glass, encouraging Chan and jumping to see more clearly what was happening there.

-Did you have fun? Seungmin asked as if they weren't in a hospital.

Chan chuckled at the silliness and nodded biting his lip to make it stop until he would break into a laughter.

-I just need to see another surgeon in the other city. This way I can choose what field I want.

-About that... do you have one in mind? I always thought you would be great with kids, so I pictured you as a pediatric surgeon. But maybe you want to be a vascular one or a plastic surgeon. I don't know.

-I'm thinking more of neurosurgery.

-Really? How come?

-My grandma experienced a brain stroke on my birthday. It took years for her to recover, but thanks to her surgeon she survived. I want to save people too.

Seungmin looked at Chan and smiled. His determination impressed him so much.

-From a dreamer to a dreamer...Seungmin said nudging lightly Chan's shoulder... You have amazing chances to become what you want and I will gladly watch you doing all the steps right.