Can I draw you?

Warning! Contains blood, guns and murder

In the middle of the night, Jisung felt a hand poking his cheeks.

He blinked a few times before his vision adapted to the dark.

Then he saw Jeongin standing in front of his bed, with tears in his eyes.

-Hey, what happened?

-I'm sorry that you got punished because of me.

Jisung pulled the boy into a tight hug to soothe him.

They ended up sleeping in the same bed, Jisung not letting go of the younger all night.

From that moment, Jisung and Jeongin became inseparable. And with a little time, Changbin started trusting Jeongin too.

At one point Jisung's parents had enough of the latter's behavior, so they decided that with the first occasion they will lock Jisung into the basement to teach him a lesson.

It didn't take long for Jisung to be caught stealing food for the kids again.

His father gripped harshly the collar of his t-shirt and threw him into the basement without looking back.

Jisung fell on the stairs and hit his head a couple of times.

Despite the pain, he climbed up and slammed his hands on the door in desperation.

Even though he was scared for his life, he was more terrified of what could have happened to his brothers.

-Open up, please! Please! Don't hurt Innie or Changbin hyung! Please! Hurt me instead! I deserve it!

After his voice gave up, he decided to find any light source.

He found a box of matches and light up the room.

Suddenly he heard a sound of bars.

He stepped closer, gulping in fear when he saw a huge cage covered with a curtain.

He took it off and saw two eyes staring at him.

-Are you my brother too? Jisung asked looking carefully at the boy's features.

The boy in the cage reached his hand towards Jisung and mumbled:

-I'm Hyunjin.

Jisung shook hands with him, then replied:

-I'm...Ji. When were you adopted? Jisung added being startled by Hyunjin's reaction.

-I wasn't. My mom and dad died in a fire. I was taken, he sobbed while hugging his knees.

-Fire? Jisung wanted to come close, but the moment Hyunjin saw the matches, he covered his ears, shut his eyes and started panicking.

Jisung shut the light down, letting both of them being eaten by the darkness.

-Hyunjin, I'm sorry! Take my hand, please! I am here and you have nothing to be afraid of anymore, he said reaching his hand towards the older.

Hyunjin searched blindly for his hand in the dark, but the moment he found it, he squeezed it so tight.

-How long have you been locked here?

-I don't know. Time. I lost count.

-I bet you get bored easily, Jisung tried to joke just to cheer him up a bit.