Backstabber

Jisung's old house

-He killed his parents? Felix asked dumbfounded.

-He did it for me. He saved my life.

-That doesn't mean he loves you. You're confusing two feelings here. Owing to him something doesn't mean love.

-Just shut up! he slammed his hands on the cage to startle Felix. Jisung belongs to me. I am better than that liar.

-Minho hyung loves Jisung.

-He doesn't! He is a liar. He used Jisung to reach us.

-What are you talking about?

Hyunjin started laughing hysterically.

-You have no idea, do you?

-What?

-He lied to you all. He is a detective. He knew all along about us and played dumb. You were so scared, begging for help and he left you struggling. He made you think you were going mad. He is a backstabber.

Felix felt anger and sadness crushing inside his soul. He felt hurt. He felt like a fool. Minho was his best friend and he hid this kind of thing.

Jisung was walking alone in the dark, his hands in his pockets. He was just marching blindly, lost in his thoughts and memories.

Suddenly he stopped and looked at the beautiful moon above him.

-I know you're there, he said not taking his eyes off the sky.

From behind the corner of a building, Minho stepped closer to Jisung, holding a gun towards the latter.

-I was wondering when were you gonna show up.

-You're not going to fight me? Minho asked with a shaky voice. I mean... I knew all along who you are. I slept with you to catch your family.

-Yeah... That was my mistake. To believe I can be loved by someone. But you made a bigger mistake.

-And what is that? Minho replied gulping in anxiety.

-Falling for your enemy. I know you meant every word. Poot detective needed someone to heal his heart after the opera boy. But how cruel was fate to link our paths, Jisung laughed at his own words with a sore smile. Despite what your friends think of me, I never cheated on you like you did. I haven't slept with Hyunjin since I started dating you. And part of me wanted Hyunjin to find someone else. But...I think that doesn't matter anymore. I just wanted to make it clear before I dissappear.

He took a deep breath and turned around to look into Minho's glassy eyes.

-Do it! Kill me, hyung... he said placing the gun next to his forehead. I killed people. And I never knew guilt. I killed my foster parents, I became a hitman, and I attacked your friends. All I did was out of love. I'm sorry! I'm sorry for what I did, but I do not regret it a bit. I did it for my brothers, for my family, for you. I love you, Minho...and I will always do. The odds were just against us. So kill me! I did what I had to do. I did it because I believe it was right. And that's how I would like to die. Knowing I did what I had to do.

Tears started streaming down Jisung's pinkish cheeks.

He squinted his eyes in anticipation, feeling in every inch of his body the gun shaking in Minho's hand.

-Why aren't you fighting for your life?

-Cause I don't deserve it.

-Yes, you do! You made me love you for God's sake! Why did you do this to me? Why? I can't pull the trigger. I can't kill you.

Suddenly Minho's phone started ringing, sending shivers down Minho's spine who almost dropped the gun.

-Felix?

The moment he heard the voice answering him, he felt a lump forming in his throat.

-I'll be right there, he said before ending the call.

He looked at Jisung one last time before running in the opposite direction without giving any explanation.

Minho arrived at the address he heard on the phone and noticed the door open.

-You're late, Hyunjin said holding Felix by the neck.

-Let him go!

-Sure, he said pushing the younger forward.

The freckled boy was tied up and unable to move. Bruises all over his face and body and a stained piece of material wrapped around his leg.

-Lix, what did he do to you? Minho asked untying Felix's hands.

The moment he could move his hands, the latter raised on his feet and looked in Minho's eyes with so much hatred.

-You made me think I was crazy. I was threatened, almost hit by a car and drugged. And you stayed there and watched me like I was lying.

-Lix...

-Don't fucking touch me! I already feel dirty because of him. I hope you chock in guilt, you traitor! I had enough of you.

Hyunjin watched the scene with a poker face, even though he was amused by Felix lying about getting raped just to make Minho feel worse.

-Felix, please listen to me!

-No! I'm done! You were that one person I thought could never hurt me. I did everything for you. I helped you with Seungmin and I accepted all your bullshit. I tried warning you and protecting you from the psycho. I did all of this for you.... I am tired! I am tired of crying and being lied to and stepped on. Goodbye, hyung!

Felix left the house in freedom while Minho stayed with Hyunjin as part of the deal. Minho in exchange for Felix.

Now Hyunjin had what he wanted.

-Poor kid...Hyunjin chimed in. Such a kind heart stained by bad people around him. It was funny to have him here, but now I have someone to play with, he added tracing with the cold blade of his knife a line on Minho's face.

-What did you do to him?

-I played out of boredom. What I'm going to do with you, detective, is much worse.