The elevator

Seungmin took a cab because of the heavy rain.

When the car stopped, Seungmin gave him the money, then ran inside a hotel not to mess up his suit. He was dressed elegant, his hair styled on the back.

He was looking behind nervous, like no one else was supposed to know about him being there. He checked the time on his watch and took the elevator to the third floor, having no idea he was actually being followed.

A hidden figure walked in the hall, all soaked by the rain. He took off his hood revealing Jisung's wet hair sticking to his forehead.

He saw the level Seungmin was heading up, so he climbed up the stairs to go after him. He was furious, cause he knew Seungmin kissed Minho one week before. He wanted to cut off his lips just for that.

After Jisung was actually someone else. Felix was following him, curious of what was he planning.
The freckled boy didn't know where to go, so he just climbed up the stairs, hoping he would find Jisung again.

Felix was the type to attract problems and be attracted by problems.

That's why Chan wanted to keep an eye on him. So he did. He was right behind him, a few steps further not to be noticed. He really didn't want Felix to suffer the same "accident" he did with Jisung.

However, Chan was so focused on Felix that he didn't realise Jeongin entering the building right after him. The younger needed to have a talk with Chan about Minho. So he just went after him.

After Jeongin was Minho who had a bad feeling about the boy. He had his doubts on Jisung's younger brother because of a file his father gave him with a DNA match. He needed to confront the boy.

Minho was targeted by Hyunjin who was determined to keep his word and eliminate the detective.

And finally after Hyunjin was Changbin who had seen the blonde taking a gun with him, so he followed him to make sure he wouldn't do something stupid.

That's how all 8 found themselves in the same building, trying to find each other, completely oblivious of the presence of the rest of them.

-Alright, Mister Kim. I think we are done. It was a pleasure to meet you, the old man shook Seungmin's hand.

The latter had a wide smile plastered on his face as his eyes were shining with hope.

-It was my pleasure. Where will I know the answer?

-We will contact you in about two days for confirmation. But I don't see a problem. You are perfect.

-Thank you! Thank you very much! he bowed repetitively out of excitement.

He pressed the buttons of the elevator and leaned on the wall smiling uncontrollably. Then the doors opened a level below and a familiar figure walked in with a mischievous smirk.

Seungmin's smile dropped as he spotted the knife in the boy's hand. He took a deep breath, feeling his legs softening.

Felix was sneaking through the halls, searching every room for Jisung.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. He jolted letting out a shriek.

-Felix, it's me!

-Channie hyung?

The older nodded while holding Felix still by the shoulders.

-What are you doing here?

-Making sure you won't get yourself killed. Now your turn.

-I am following Jisung.

-Exactly my point. You can't really stay out of this, can't you?

-I think we both learned that the hard way, hyung, a voice was heard from behind the corner.