𝗖𝗵. 𝟮𝟭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE VERY FIRST THING THAT Elua noticed when she began to come to was the odd sound of silence and the rough feeling of grass scratching against her skin. However, it was about what she had expected to feel when she woke up, seeing as the last thing in her sight before she blacked out had been a bunch of pine trees advancing nearer and nearer to her when had she fallen off of her glider. The next thing she detected was her mind ever so slowly starting its journey back into a conscious state along with her body beginning to stir from its earlier post laid on the ground with nothing save the darkness behind her eyelids to keep her company while she had sat there in lifelessly. Although, she wasn't actually lifeless or dead—obviously—, it almost felt as though she were...

It was an odd feeling—coming out of unconsciousness induced by an unearthly source, rather similar to the act of waking up from a deep sleep plagued by nightmare, and yet, it was just foreign enough to make everything feel distorted and confusing as some sense of delirious thoughts boggled her mind. None of them made any sense, in all honesty. It was just a bunch of slurred remarks and nonsense swimming around her somewhat empty head.

A massive headache immediately hit her like a punch to the face while her whole body ached as she tried to push herself up and off of the rough grass ground, wheezing out in misery as she did so, feeling sharp pains within her ribs, and struggling to use her arms—not unlike when she had first woken up out of the iceberg back in the South Pole only a few weeks ago. All of the discomforts soon forced her back down onto the ground while she grumbled in irritation and misery as she squeezed her eyes closed and placed a gentle hand to the side of her head. This was the last thing she needed, right now...

It felt as if she had fallen out of the sky and landed on– oh, wait. That was exactly what had happened, wasn't it?

Elua's eyes instantly snapped open at that thought as she quickly recalled what had happened right before she had passed out. A frantic look took over her cedar eyes as she began to look around herself. Her lungs struggled with alarm, but as she began to glimpse over the world surrounding her, a frown of confusion sank over her face and her breathing soon fell into a rhythm of bafflement, as well.

She had been expecting to find herself near the burnt down forest that she and the others had come across only a few hours ago, but she wasn't there at all, instead, she was now sitting in the middle of a random bamboo forest that she had never seen before in her life. Weird. An exasperated sigh soon left her lungs as she took her mind out of its confused state and continued to glance around. She had to admit that all of it was rather bizarre. There was a strong sense of sadness looming over the forest of tall and lean trees while the atmosphere held an odd orange and red hue to it. A frown still stuck to her brows as she looked up at the trees, viewing them all reach up towards the skyline with ease, and even if she couldn't see the sky from below, she knew that their towering height could possibly help her figure out where she was.