𝗖𝗵. 𝟱

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

IT HAD BEEN ABOUT AN HOUR since Elua and Aang had left the Southern Water Tribe, but they hadn't strayed very far away from it, as Elua, had had quite the bad feeling in the pit of her stomach ever since that flare had been set off. It would have taken a complete miracle for the Fire Navy not to have seen such a bright glowing object within the middle of completely frozen and white land such as this one. It was inevitable that they would show up at the village, and if what Sokka had told her was true... they would not be so merciful in their appearance.

That was why she now laid within a tall formation of ice that was formed into a circle shape, three loops stacked on top of each other, not much different than that of three linking rings. Aang sat at the top while Appa was at the bottom and Elua in the middle as she watched layers of fog roll over the calm blue ocean waves. It must have been the calm before the storm.

The sound of Appa yawning made Elua lean towards her side and look down at the giant bison. She smiled as she spotted him. He was laid on his back with his paws curled up at his chest, eyes closed, and clearly trying to take a peaceful nap as they all sat here and waited for anything that might be coming to endanger people of the tribe that lived just under a mile from where they currently were.

"Yeah," Aang suddenly sighed dejectedly, "I liked her, too," he said as he took Appa's yawn as if it were some kind of conversation starter. "Don't you think we should leave, Elua? They don't want us here," he asked while he turned his head down and looked at her from above with a questioning gaze.

"Not yet," Elua said as she looked up at him and saw his sorrowful look. "They may not want us here but I have a feeling that they're going to need us here," she told him while she offered him a small smile in the hope that he would soon cheer up.

Aang didn't say anything else as he sighed once again and looked away from his sister while he leaned back on the ice behind him and brought his knees up to his chest before he wrapped his arms around them. He looked out at the horizon as he rested his chin on top of his knees with an empty gaze that was glossed over with sadness.

Elua's smile fell from her face as she followed her brother's actions. However, it wasn't even a second later before she frowned out at the water in front of them, as something caught her eye. She leaned forward in suspicion, squinting her eyes while she attempted to get a closer look, and hoped that she was wrong in her thinking of what it was... but the sight quickly made her expression turn to one of alarm.

Elua swiftly sat upright before she turned her legs over the side of the ice, "Come on, Aang!" she shouted up to her brother before she jumped off of the ice formation and back onto the snow-covered ground below.