𝗖𝗵. 𝟮

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THE SOUND OF A GROWL immediately alerted both Aang and Elua back to the giant flying bison that currently stood behind them. Their eyes widened in a state of panic as the sounds reached their ears, knowing exactly what was about to happen and readying themselves to have to take action and get out of the way, but the other two teenagers didn't have a clue as to what was going on with them. They both frowned in confusion at the sudden change in expression within the two airbending siblings but made no moves to ask what was wrong with them. Unfortunately, in the next few moments that would pass, one of the two Water Tribe teens would come to regret not asking just what the predicament was...

          Aang and Elua both turned around to face Appa as he continued to make sounds of growls and grumbles. They quickly took notice of how his snout twitched and mouth began to fall open as if he were about to yawn, but the two siblings knew better than that, and they wasted no time in quickly ducking out of the way with a cry for the other two people to watch out.

          Appa inhaled a deep breath of the frigid air before he let out a sneeze and sent a ball of thick green snot out of his snout that went flying out in front of him. The discharge morosely flew straight for the male teenager—who had failed to listen when he was told to duck—and landed all over him, quickly causing him to shout in pure disgust as he looked down at himself, staring at the green goo that was now all over his blue parka and completely covered half of his tanned face. He didn't waste another second before he dropped to the icy ground and began to roll around in the snow as if he were on fire in an attempt to get the substance off of himself.

          "Don't worry. It'll wash out," Aang said with a sheepish smile on his face as he watched the boy in front of him groan in revulsion at the goo adhering to him. "Do you guys live around here?" he asked curiously, simply wondering if they were native to the land that seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere, but the uncomplicated question was not seen as an innocent inquiry by the unknown teenage boy.

          "Don't answer that!" the boy ordered the girl that stood beside him. "Did you see that crazy bolt of light? They were probably trying to signal the Fire Navy," he said with an intense glare pointed towards the Air Nomad siblings in front of him.

          His statement made Elua frown in confusion, though. Why would the Fire Navy be this far south? It was several hundred miles out of the way. There was absolutely no reason for them to be so far away from the Capital... right?

         "Oh, yeah. I'm sure they're spies for the Fire Navy," Katara said with a sarcastic tone as she pushed herself past her brother and came to stand beside Aang. "You can tell by that evil look in his eye," she joked, motioning towards the small bald boy, who instantly put a big and cheerful smile on his face. It was all in an attempt to show the skeptical teen that he was no threat to either of them, and it didn't work.