𝗖𝗵. 𝟵

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"HELLO? ANYONE HOME?" AANG called into the darkness of the room that sat before him as he and the other three began to walk forward, but there was no noise in return to his question, only the desolate sound of a ghostly silence.

The small group of teens walked forward and through the now open wooden door as they all followed the light that shone into the darkroom and illuminated the shadows that covered its tall walls. All of them soon came to a stop at the entrance and looked around the room. It was filled with stone statues with every single one of them spiraling up and around the tall and tower-like pointed walls. Elua wasn't sure what she had expected when opening a door that had been sealed shut for far longer than just a hundred years, but all of this, had definitely not been one of her few guesses.

"Statues? That's it?" Sokka asked as he looked up at one of the stone figures with a disappointed look in his eyes. "Where's the meat?" he questioned before he turned away from the marble and threw his arms out in exasperation.

His sister rolled her eyes as the other two ignored the teens complaining, "Who are these people?" Katara asked the two Airbenders in confusion as she looked at all the statues around them.

"I'm not sure... but it feels like I know them somehow," Aang said in confusion as he looked around himself with a frown of uncertainty. "Hey, look!. That one's an Airbender!" he stated, pointing towards one of the statues, a man who stood tall with a bald head and arrows carved into his stone figure.

"And this one's a Waterbender," Katara said as she motioned to the statue that stood beside the other. "They're lined up in a pattern," she recognized. "Air, water, earth, and fire."

Elua's attention perked at the Water Tribe girl's words, "That's the Avatar cycle," she stated as she came to stand beside Katara and Aang, her words making Katara smile in realization, seeming to have put something together.

"Of course! They're Avatars," Katara said as she looked around herself again "All these people are your past lives, Aang," she informed him with a small smile pointed in his direction.

          Aang looked at her with wide eyes full of astonishment, "There are so many," he replied in awe as he began to walk around all of the statues and admired the hundreds of Avatars that had come before him.

"Past lives?" Sokka asked with a scoff while he crossed his arms. "Katara, you really believe in that stuff?" he asked doubtfully, glancing over towards his sister with a raised brow, clearly not believing in any of it himself.

"It's true," Elua informed him simply. "When an Avatar dies they are reincarnated into the next nation in the cycle," she confirmed the legend of which Sokka did not have any faith in to be true.