𝗖𝗵.𝟭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘨

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘨

𝟵𝟵 𝗔.𝗚.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

ELUA'S EYES GRADUALLY BEGAN to flutter open as the sunlight shined down upon her from the clear blue sky and aided her in gaining consciousness again. She let out a groan of pain and discomfort as she pushed herself up into a sitting position with her arms that felt sore and muscles that screamed for her to stop with each and every movement that she made, hands soon beginning to burn from the cold icy snow she had placed them on. It felt as if she hadn't moved nor breathed in ages but as she felt the familiar feeling of frigid air swell up in her lungs... It made her feel as if she were coming back to life again.

          A frown of confusion began to crease between her brows as she took notice of a strange feeling that sat on top of her head. It felt as if a weighted helmet had been put on her scalp. She slowly lifted both of her hands towards the top of her head as she wondered what could have been causing such an unusual feeling, but soon found what it was as her fingertips came into contact with a thin layer of frost that had somehow accumulated on top of her dark hair, unquestionably making it seem as if her hair were turning white and making it feel as stiff as an iceberg.

          All ten of her fingers weaved into the roots of her somewhat frozen hair before she shook all of the ice off of her scalp and created a small storm of snow particles that fell from the soft strands, watching as the snowflakes soon found their way down onto the glacial ground below, joining all of the other flakes that had already covered the icy terrain.

          She couldn't help but keep the expression of confusion on her face as she began to glance around at the world that surrounded her. There were unusually shaped walls of ice that curved around her and seemed to have been created by a sort of explosion, similar to how a bubble would have popped against the wind, only this bubble was huge and somehow frozen in place mid burst. She had absolutely no recollection of how she had gotten here either. One moment she was fighting for her life in the middle of an irate ocean, and the next, she woke up here—among ice and snow.

          The next thing that caught her attention was the sound of unfamiliar voices. She could make out two different tones as they echoed from beyond the tall ice walls around her, one of a seemingly teenage girl and the other of a boy around the same age as the female, but there was no way for her to make out what was being spoken. Something that she was able to hear was that these two people were obviously conversing with someone on the opposite side of the ice, and Elua was more than sure that she had never heard their voices before.

          She tried not to worry about these two unknown people as she pushed herself up and off of the cold ground with her airbending, which caused the hem of her golden tunic to slightly flow with the gust of wind that she had just created, along with pieces of her dark and unfastened hair.