𝗖𝗵. 𝟯

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

BY THE TIME THAT THE small group of very different people had all arrived at their destination—the Southern Water Tribe—it was already quite late into the night, and Aang and Elua were offered an extra hut to get some rest for what remained of the evening. They were grateful for that as it was cold outside and they did not have the same means of warmth as the locals did. The inside of the hut was quite pleasant and warm compared to the cold exterior that lay outside of it, however, the hides of animals that surrounded the brother and sister did not share the same welcoming presence. Those were... haunting, to say the least.

It had been quite a few hours since then, though. There was no doubt that the sun had begun to rise as Aang had laid on the ground and slept through most of the night. Elua, on the other hand, had tried to get some rest as well but found it to be hopeless with all of the information that she was still trying to wrap her head around. All in unsuccessful attempts.

Elua knew that if this war that she had been so recently informed about had really started a hundred years ago, it must have meant that she and her brother had been in that iceberg for the same about of time, seeing as she had no memory of very detrimental thing such as a war between all four nations. But how had they been inside of the ice for a hundred years and survived? She had no way of answering that for herself. It was all extremely confusing, and she didn't know what to think of it, right now.

What she did know, however, was that the life she had once known was now over and done with. Everyone that she had once known was most likely gone, as well. Either killed or died of old age while she sat here in the middle of the South Pole as the same fifteen-year-old girl that she was all of those years ago.

How was she supposed to tell Aang about everything that she had learned? She knew that he would be devastated, and she had no doubt that he would blame himself for all of it, too. They would now have to find him a waterbending master, an earthbending master, and a firebending master by themselves rather than rely on the spiritual leaders of the world to take care of such a vast and extended search. And if this war really was against the Fire Nation, it was going to be almost impossible to find him a teacher that wouldn't want him dead or try to give him to whoever the Fire Lord was now.

Why hadn't she just stopped Aang from running away when she had the chance to? She was his sister. It was her job to help him with his troubles and all she had done was followed him into them. It had been more so encouraging than anything else. How could she have been so irresponsible? This was all her fault... she was far more than just sure of that, now.

She blew a piece of her dark hair out of her eyes as she became frustrated with herself over all of the things that ran around within her mind. Her thoughts simply just made her even more concerned about everything and she couldn't do anything. She didn't have a clue how the world was anymore, but she did know what war could do to people, land, nations, and everything in between. Repercussions of war were never good, and no matter who won, there would be disparity all over the world.