twenty one

It felt like ages since Cassie had last looked at the stars. They still looked as beautiful as ever, managing to outshine the moon. That's what Cassie thought anyway.

She muttered to herself as she repeated all the constellations she could she could spot over and over s she sat on the roof . The stars brought a comfort to her that no body else could. No matter how long Cassie lives she promised herself to always remember the constellations.

It was nice to sit in silence and not have to worry about vampire stuff, it was calming. It helped her forget. She wished she could stay there forever but unfortunately she couldn't.

She took one more glance at the sky before getting up and whispering. "Life is shit." She sighed and climbed over to the window. She no longer had to worry about falling. She was stronger and most likely wouldn't die .

Cassie sighed as she walked over to her bed as she remembered that school was tomorrow. She could pull a sickie. I mean who were they going to call, her parents? Good luck with that.

She knew the someone would come to the house and tell her she had to get adopted again. To keep them away she told them that her aunt visited every so often. To make them believe her she would show them a picture of her. Soon enough they might find out about her 'disappearance'. That was what the sheriff department was calling it, just to not worry anyone.

Cassie groaned at the thought of being in foster care again. What if she gets stuck with a horrible family? Besides, who would want a teenager. Everyone only wants young kids nowadays. She suddenly felt upset. What if she had to move. She finally managed to fit in, get friends and smile.

She lay down and tried to think of the bright side of going to school. She couldn't find many reasons except her friends. She was pretty sure it would be awkward. Bonnie and Caroline would probably still be pissed at each other. Elena told Cassie that Stefan had been ignoring her. Stefan hadn't picked up either of the girls many calls.

Yes, Lexi was Stefan's bestfriend but she was Cassie's aunt as well. Cassie called Stefan just to talk to someone who felt the same way about Lexi's death as she did. Stefan was the only one who was close to Lexi. Elena was there but never knew her. Damon and Lexi didn't exactly look like besties. So Cassie was alone mourning her death. Loneliness was the worst thing to feel when mourning someone in Cassie's opinion. It just made it more sad.

Cassie walked into history class early the next day. Since Mr Tanner was gone they had to get a new history teacher . It felt weird to be sitting in the class alone. I mean, it was a teacher's classroom who is currently dead. Well Cassie's dead too but only half dead, Mr Tanner is dead dead. Cassie hoped that he was anyway . Not in a mean way , she could just tell that Mr Tanner would be a problematic vampire.

As soon as the bell rang students began filling the classroom. Cassie smiled and gave Elena a small wave when she walked in. Normally Bonnie would walk in with her but she wasn't behind her.

A few minutes later Cassie saw a pale Bonnie walking into the room with the teacher following her.  Bonnie walked to her seat with her head down . Cassie moved her bag quickly when she saw the direction Bonnie was walking in was where her bag lay.

Cassie flicked her head around when the teacher wrote his name on the blackboard. "Are you ok?" She mouthed to her. Bonnie simply shrugged and looked down with a sad look on her face.

"Alaric Saltzman . It's a mouthful, i know it doesn't exactly roll of the tongue." Cassie turned back around when she heard the teacher's voice. "Saltzman is of German origins. My family immigrated here in 1775 to Texas. I however, was born and raised in Boston." Saltzman explained. Cassie lay her head down on the table guessing that this was going to be about the history of the Saltzman family. Whom of which Cassie didn't care about.