forty four

"moonstone,moonstone, moonstone." Cassie muttered clicking away on her computer keyboard. She's supposed to be going to the Lockwood's in 2 hours.

But instead, she has been up all night trying to find out something believable about it. So far there was nothing.

She stared at the clock before switching off the computer and getting up from her desk.

Cassie decided today was one of the days where she would put effort unto getting ready. There was going to be a lot of people helping out.

One of those people possibly being Mason Lockwood.

"Hey Cass. You look nice." Elena complimented seeing her friend walk over . "Thanks. " Cassie smiled. At least one person had noticed her effort to look nice.

"You and Stefan still pretending to hate eachother?" Cassie asked. Normally Stefan would be right next to Elena nearly all the time. He would've insisted on helping her.

"How'd you guess?" Elena said sighing. "He's not following you around like a lost puppy." Cassie said honestly. "We have to keep up the act. Especially with Mason around." Elena told her.

"Oh God. You poor thing. Are you feeling faint yet?" Cassie said sarcastically. "You're mean Cassandra Ellfire, you know that." Elena said with a laugh hitting her shoulder lightly. "Remind myself everyday in the mirror." She replied with a wink.

"Elena." A familiar voice said. Cassie turned around and glared at the person. Bonnie . "I'm going to say hi to Carol." Cassie quickly excused herself still not forgiving Bonnie.

She normally wasn't the biggest fan of choosing sides but her feet were glued onto Caroline's side. She was definitely against Bonnie's reaction.

"Jeremy . What's up?" Cassie answered her phone. "Hey, um I'm with Damon right now. He wants to talk to you." Jeremy replied. "Well why didn't he call me?" Cassie asked.

"Because you never answer my calls." A new voice said . Cassie tried not to roll her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes little Blondie. It's rude." Damon said already knowing that she had without even seeing her.

"What do you want?" Cassie said. "We need you to steal the moonstone from Tyler." Damon told her. "No. I'm not stealing anything." Cassie said in a whisper.

"Then persuade him to give it to you.  Make up a lie that it will save your life. Add in some tears . Boom."  Damon spoke making it sound easier than it was .

" you really think he'll just hand it over." Cassie said . Yes. He's in love with you. He'll do anything for you I'd say." Cassie rolled her eyes again. "You're delusional."

"But I'll try and get it." Cassie added. "That's the Cassandra I like." Damon cheered on the other side of the phone. "We'll be here soon. " He said . "I'll Try." Cassie repeated making the word try clear before hanging up.

"I'm busy. Go away." Cassie said seeing Damon walk up to her. "You need help with that box?  It looks heavy." Damon ignored her order. She picked up the heavy box and gave him a fake smile.

"It's all good." She replied trying to walk away. Now both Jeremy and Damon were following. "I'll get the stone later." She said.

"Tyler trusts you more than us." Jeremy said. "It's that just great." She muttered placing the box on the table. "I'll get in when I'm not busy." She said.

"You know what. I'm done with your attitude." Damon grabbed onto her wrist and dragged her along with him. "Let go. " She tried to pull herself away but Damon was a lot stronger.