thirty

"Mary Beth?" Cassie gasped. "Yes. It's me." Mary Beth finally came out of the shadows. "What are yo- How are you here?" Cassie asked. "Because of you." Mary Beth answered. "I haven't helped you." Cassie said confused. "Yes you have. Without knowing." She replied.

"How are you using my powers?" Cassie asked. "You are letting me." Mary Beth said. "No I'm not." Cassie said. "You are. Like I said, without knowing." Mary Beth still stood in the middle of the room. "I can't use my powers without knowing. I don't even know how to use them." Cassie scoffed.

"I'm not helping you. I'm going to do whatever I can to get you out of my head." Cassie told her. "You want to kill me." Mary Beth was taken back by her words. "You aren't alive. I'm not killing you." Cassie reminded her.

"I'm not dead either." Mary Beth scoffed. "Well, I wish you were." Cassie blurted out. " I'm not letting you in my head anymore Mary Beth. I'm kicking you out." She finished.

Then Mary Beth was gone. She was no more. It was almost as if she never existed. And Cassie was glad about that. She was going to move on and pretend to not Know the name Mary Beth.

If Katherine came, they would take care of her. They didn't need Mary Beth's help. Well she hoped that they didn't. Stefan nor Damon had brought her up yet. They had forgotten about her, meaning they don't need her.

Mary Beth mightn't have even helped them. Cassie wasn't going to risk her life for some ghost she doesn't fully know. She couldn't just trust Mary Beth because they were doppelgangers .

Katherine couldn't be trusted even though she looked like Elena. Katherine grew up to become evil. And Mary Beth might have been doing the same. She only uncovered about 3 good memories. Who knows what the others could've been like?

She sighed. At least she didn't have a ghost in her bedroom to worry about anymore. Now that Mary Beth was out of the way she could worry about other things. She could focus on Elena and her mother.

Trudy looked so nervous when Cassie saw her. The second they walked in she began to question whether they could trust her or not. That's why she couldn't drink the tea. And she was right to. She knew the woman was hiding something.

She wondered why Trudy knew of vampires. How many vampires had she met? How much did she a actually know about them? Cassie didn't think Trudy knew she was a vampire. She hoped.

Cassie made it to school after the long cycle the next morning. She hardly got any rest the night before. She looked like the walking dead. Which technically she was.

"It'd be nice if we didn't have to deal with any of it. " Cassie heard her friend said as she walked down the hall. "No vampire mother or brother." Elena sighed. "No vampires at all?" Stefan said. "No vampires except for you."

"And me." Cassie added on making it over to the couple. " And you Cass." Elena smiled over at the girl who didn't smile back. "Oh and also my now fully dead doppelganger. " Cassie said making Stefan turn to look at her.

"What?" Stefan asked. "Mary Beth decided to make an appearance last night. Which I hope will be the last of them." Cassie replied. "I cut her off. Fully. I think." She told them.

"Why?" Stefan said. "She was trying to get me to bring her back to life. I was the only one who could do it. But that would kill me." She answered. "So, I told her she is officially cut off." Cassie went on.

"What if she really did want to help?" Stefan asked. "Then she wouldn't be using my powers to keep her alive for years."

"You were only a siphon for the past few years. You didn't have your own power." Stefan said. "I know, it's confusing. Makes no sense." Cassie said.