chapter forty

a young girl came to town a few years ago. Unlike legends before we do not know her name. But someday we will because she is said to come back in a different form.

She was kind, harmless, only a child. When she was born nature gifted her with powers that no child should have. Once the young girl found out about her magic she would be able to access it and use it for good or evil.

The village praised the girl , afraid that if they upset her she would cause chaos. Many had assumed that was why she was born.

It was later on in her life when she found out her powers. At only 15 she had discovered her hidden talents.
Control the four elements Air,Earth , fire and water.

Fire is the most powerful element. It represents anger and hate. It leaves a path of destruction behind. Sometimes it can not be controlled.

Fire can also represent compassion and love. If only the young girl had been showed real love or had ever gotten the chance to love .  Maybe then she wouldn't have died so young.

At the beginning, she used her powers for good. Providing families with fresh ,clean water. Growing fruit trees and bushes. Changing the weather if the crops were dying.

Then came the realization she could also control fire. If only she had someone to guide her. Show her how to control that power. Use it properly.

But no one helped her. And she began burning villages , towns, anywhere she could. All because she was powerful and it was her destiny to cause pain and chaos. She just got stronger and stronger after every town.

It came to a point where she was too powerful and dangerous. She could cause the deaths of thousands without realizing it was wrong.

That was why I killed her.

Many would say I'm a monster. But great power should not be given to those who can't use it properly.

-Eliza
Ellfire

It was the diary of Eliza Ellfire from 1750 years ago. She honestly didn't care about who Eliza was. She was probably just some great great grandmother with a couple more greats of hers.

She was interested in the unknown girl. And why this book was given to her and who gave it. She shut the book with a loud thump and stood up to put it somewhere hidden in her room.

A note fell out. Cassie Bent down and unfolded the crumpled up paper.

Don't make the same mistake as her Cassandra.

Cassie looked down at the paper in confusion. The writing didn't look any way familiar to her. And how could she make the same mistake. She was just a siphon.

"You know that speaking to the dead isn't normal." Mary Beth suddenly appeared. "It's against the laws of nature as well." She added on. "You know why your parents told you to stop using your abilities  ?" Mary Beth's chance to manipulate Cassie was now.

"Because they were scared. Scared that you'd be stronger than them." She whispered the lies into her ear. "I mean, who would want their daughter to be better than them. And that note. God, Cassandra, everyone is stopping you from your potential."