thirty one

Cassie, Stefan, Elena and Damon were inside the Salvatore house . Cassie shot Damon multiple dirty looks as she sat in her seat. Most of them were for no reason.

"I say, we go to pearl's. Bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon explained his plan that would kill everyone in the room.

"Oh yeah, and then what? We turn to their house of vampires. And say , oops, sorry." Stefan said completely disagreeing with his plan.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her. " Elena said annoyed at him. "It was more of a helpful exchange of information. " Damon said to them. "It's not like I got a choice. She's scary." He added.

"Besides she's going to help me get Katherine back." He told them happily. "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants no matter who he hurts." Elena scoffed.

"No need to be so snarky about it. " Damon said . "I woke up this morning and learned that all the vampires have been let out of the tomb. I've earned snarky ."

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Damon asked with a loud sigh. Cassie quickly moved as far away as possible when he sat next to her on the couch.

"I'm not blaming you Damon. I've accepted the fact that your a psychopath with no redeeming qualities. " Elena replied crossing her arms. "Ouch."

"This is not being productive. We're going to figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires." Stefan spoke Up to end the argument that his brother and girlfriend were having.

"What's little blondie over there thinking?" Damon said pointing to Cassie , who hadn't said a word. "Thinking of a good plan that won't get us killed." Cassie finally spoke. "Unlike your one which will get out hearts ripped out the second we walk in."

Damon huffed and walked out. "Sorry, he just makes me so cranky ." Elena said hugging Stefan. "I know, he makes everyone cranky. " Stefan said putting a hand on the girls head.

"So, what are we going to do?" Elena asked still hugging him. "Damon and I are going to handle everything." Stefan told her. "What about me? I can't just sit here and do nothing." Elena pulled away from the hug to look at him. 

"That's exactly what you're going to do because that's what's going to keep you safe." Stefan said. "Which means nothing if your not going to be safe. " Elena said.

"What do you mean I have Damon, the self serving psychopath on my side." Stefan said. " And me." Cassie jumped up from the couch. "And Cassandra." Stefan added after she spoke.

"Does Pearl know who Cassie is?" Elena asked Stefan who turned to Cassie. " Nope. But Anna does. She probably told her already." Cassie replied with a sigh.

"Don't worry. We'll be safe. We have Damon , remember?" Stefan reminded her pulling Elena into another hug. "Well, that's comforting."

Elena had left and Damon had returned again. He was fixing a random grandfather clock. "Hunting party?" Damon noticed Stefan walking into the room wearing a Black coat with his hood up.

"Guy did a number on me when he stabbed me. Gotta get my strength back. " Stefan told him . "I got two litres of soccer mom in the fridge if you want some." Damon offered jokingly.

"No?" He said when Stefan gave him a look. "We'll talk when I get back." Stefan simply said. "Alright. Give my regards to the squirrels." Damon finally fixed the clock just as Stefan left.

"Stefan's been gone for too long." Cassie said pacing around the room nervously. "He's probably just at Elena's." Damon muttered reading the paper. "I'll call her." Cassie needed to make sure.