forty seven

As soon as Stefan called Cassie, telling her to come over she knew it was something to do with yesterday's events.

And she was right.

Rose, the lady that had kidnapped Elena yesterday had paid a visit to the Salvatore house and now, all of them were sitting in the sitting room listening to Rose.

"Okay, you have to understand, I only know what I've picked up over the years. I don't know what's true and what's not true." Rose began as she walked back and forth.

"That's the problem with all of this vampire crap. But Klaus I know is real." Rose told them.

Klaus, the name was so familiar.

"Who is he?" Elena asked. "He's one of the originals. He's a legend ." Damon answered leaning on the back of a couch with a drink in his hand.

"First generation of vampires." Stefan added onto his brother's sentence. "Like Elijah." Elena said getting slightly scared.

"No, Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose said to her. "I wouldn't call Elijah the Easter bunny." Cassie muttered.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said . "Okay, so you're saying the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me." Elena was trying to process all of this new information as calmly as possible.

"Yes." Both Rose and Cassie said at the exact same time Stefan said "No." Just to make his girlfriend slightly less scared.

"If What she's saying is true. " Damon stood up again and walked over to Rose. "Which it is." Rose said before Damon could continue.

"Are you just saying this so we don't kill you?" Damon asked not fully trusting Rose. "Which I'm not." Rose said. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon continued.

"Look, Elijah's dead. So no one else knows you exist." Stefan said to comfort Elena. "Not that you know of." Rose corrected choosing to be completely honest.

"I've never met anyone who's laud eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction." Stefan said trying to look on the brighter side. "We don't know if it's true. He could be some stupid bedtime story." That's what Cassie thought vampires were.

"He's real. And he doesn't give up." Rose spoke up. "If he wants something , he gets it. If you're not afraid you're an idiot."

"All right, we're shaking. You made your point." Damon said sarcastically.
Elena suddenly got up from the couch and began walking out without a single word.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked. Everyone turned to Elena. "School, I'm late." Cassie had completely forgotten about school.

She had been missing a lot. But what were they going to do, call her parents?

Damon couldn't care less. In fact, he was one of the reasons she wasn't in school. She had no other guardian besides that.

"Let me grab my stuff. I'll go with you." Stefan stood up. "It's okay. I know the way." Elena said not wanting to talk to anyone anymore. She just needed time to process this .

"She's in denial." Damon said to Rose as if everyone couldn't hear him. "Shut up Damon."

"Is Elijah dead?" Cassie spoke up after being silent for a while. "What?" They all turned to face her with confused looks.

"He's been around for a thousand years. If he could be killed by two people 5 times younger than him that easily he surely couldn't still be alive." Cassie pointed out. "The first vampires ever shouldn't be that easy to kill."

"And I felt the power from him. I've never been around a vampire that powerful." Cassie told them. "Maybe he isn't dead. I think it should be a lot harder to kill him than with a normal stake."

The whole group just stayed silent. "I need to go to school." Cassie picked up the bag she had brought along and just walked out.

Cassie didn't go to school.

Instead she sat at home in her room with candles surrounding her. Normally Mary Beth appeared randomly without Cassie's control.

But as Cassie tried to communicate with her doppelganger, nothing happened. Mary Beth didn't want to see her. But hopefully Cassie would be able to keep her here long enough with the spell.

Cassie breathed in and out as she spoke the words in her head. She couldn't see the candles flickering around her.

"Can't you tell I don't want to talk." Another voice just like Cassie's entered the room. "Mary Beth." Cassie opened her eyes and stood up.

She flicked her fingers to blow out the candles. "What do you want?" Mary Beth spat not in the mood to talk. "We need to talk."

"Elijah can't just die like that. He's way more powerful than your friends are making him out to be." Mary Beth told Cassie exactly what she had been thinking all this time.

"You know of him?" She asked. "I knew him." Mary Beth corrected her. "You remember those flashbacks, right." Mary Beth reminded her of the dreams she had that turned out to be her dead doppelganger's memories.

"Elijah and his brother fell for Katerina. She lead them on. We were together at this time." Mary Beth began explaining. "I told her not to mess around with them. She didn't listen."

"I mean, I wasn't much better than her." Mary Beth admitted thinking of the other two siblings . Cassie stayed quiet. "You may think Elijah is bad, but trust me. Compared to Klaus he's nothing."

"Elijah cares a bit, unlike Klaus. Sure, he kills but he has some bit of humanity in him." Mary Beth compared the two.

"You need to watch yourself around people like him. You need to protect yourself. " Mary Beth knew Cassie had the ability to defeat Klaus. With more practice, Klaus should be the one afraid of her.

"I know you think Katherine is dangerous ." Mary Beth stopped me before she was going to leave. "But, in the future you will meet threats much bigger than her."

"What?" Cassie asked turning back to face her. "Just, be careful. Trust the right people. Don't make the same mistake I did." Mary Beth advised her.

Mary Beth hadn't cared for many people. Her family, Katherine and very few others. She wasn't a compassionate person.

But she had watched Cassandra grow up. She watched her get hurt both mentally and physically.

She protected her.

Mary Beth had been hurt in the past. She knew what it was like losing everyone . And losing yourself. She didn't want the same to happen to Cassie.

Mary Beth knew that unlike herself, Cassie was just a kind child who just needed somebody to look after her.

She didn't want to see the girl die the same way she did. She didn't want her to make the same mistakes. She didn't want her to suffer.

Most of all, she didn't want to watch Cassie turn into one of the monster's she had been afraid of all her life . Even if it was Cassie's destiny to become the villain she hoped that someone would save her from herself.

She didn't want to watch a replay of her own life.

Because Deep inside, Mary Beth had a soft spot for the girl. Despite how much she hated the feeling , she cared.

A/n- boring, short chapter. I'm lazy. I'll post another soon . The next chapter will be longer and I'll put more work into it. .

Should I have a little love triangle between Cassie, Tyler and Elijah?

Also, happy late Easter.

Can't post for a while as I have exams and have to study but I'll post as soon as possible.