twenty three

"Elena where are you? Call me when you come back. I just need to know you're safe." Cassie had called Elena multiple times and she never once answered. She had left 20 voicemails and all she wanted was one call back.

Cassie walked next to Bonnie as she told her about the previous night. "And I want to tell Elena but she hasn't answered any of my calls." Cassie told her . She was getting more and more worried by the second . "I'm sure Elena is fine. And don't blame yourself for what happened. " Bonnie said softly. "If i had been quicker she would have escaped. " Cassie sighed . "Logan has a small bit more experience and he's older." Bonnie comforted her. Cassie nodded with a small sigh.

"Bonnie, Cassandra." A familiar voice called from behind them. "Stefan." Bonnie said trying to sound enthusiastic." Hey." He greeted. "Hi." Cassie gave him a small smile. "I uh, haven't seen you lately. How are you doing with everything?" Stefan spoke to Bonnie. "I'm fine. All's fine." Bonnie lied. Cassie noticed she was still uncomfortable around Stefan after that night. "Are you back in school?" Cassie asked. " No, uh i actually came to find you Bonnie." Stefan told Bonnie."i was hoping you could help me with something.  A spell." Cassie immediately got a bad feeling when Stefan spoke those words. "Stefan, look I know Elena is ok with all of this and I appreciate what you did to help me but I'm not really ready to dive into it with you just yet." Bonnie admittedd. "I understand that but I need your help." Stefan nodded. "It's Elena. She's with Damon." Cassie's eyes widened. "So you're telling me she ignored all of my calls because she's with that abuser." Cassie spat.

"I've Elena's necklace. I was just hoping you could make some kind of connection with it.  I just need to make sure she's okay." Stefan told the two girls. "How do you know i can do this?" Bonnie asked unsure.  "I've known a few witches. I've seen what they could do." Stefan said. "I'm  still new at it."Bonnie sighed. "It's okay. Give it a shot." He encouraged passing her the necklace. "Okay. Alright." Bonnie nodded covering the necklace with her other hand and closing her eyes.

The only thing heard was small sighs coming from Bonnie . She clasped her hands tighter together hoping it would help. She let out one last sigh opening her eyes. "There's nothing. Nothing happening. There's usually an image or..." Bonnie told the two. "Tell me if anyone looking." Bonnie started a new sentence. "Okay." The two nodded. Bonnie picked up a leaf from the ground and set it down on the table. Cassie knew what was happening when Bonnie brought up her hands to start a new spell.

Cassie had a concerned look on her face when nothing happened. "You could do that spell the other day. what's changed?" Cassie looked up at Bonnie."What is it?" Stefan asked. "Something is wrong." Bonnie said. "With Elena?" Stefan looked alarmed. "With me. There's something wrong with me." Bonnie stood up. "I have to go. I'm sorry ,I can't help you. " Bonnie ran off.

Cassie stopped for a moment . "Stefan, can I ask you something?" Cassie only wanted to say this if they were alone. "Go ahead." Stefan nodded. "Did Lexi say something about me or my family?" She bit her lip as she she asked the question. "Yes. She told me they were also supernatural." Stefan told her truthfully. "Supernatural? What were they?" Cassie said confused. Stefan looked around to make sure no one was close to them. "She told me they were siphons. They're like witches but they didn't have their own Magic." Stefan explained. "How were they anything like witches then?" Cassie asked. " "They drained power from others." Cassie's face went pale. "How am I one if I'm a vampire?" Cassie said. "Lexi said that apparently if your both you can drain power from yourself. " Stefan answered. "I have to go." Cassie leftleaving Stefan alone on the bench.

Cassie rushed around the library having glances at each book in every history aisle there was. She could hear distant voices but ignored them. She was too concentrated on finding a book on supernatural attacks. She got closer and closer to the voices. She knew that one was a girl and the other was ahoy with a very familiar voice. She furrowed her eyebrows together trying to figure out who the voice was.