002.

002.

Saving the kids

Sweet Home

◈

Ae-cha did not need to convince Hyun-soo in any way to go save the kids since he was already planning to. The man from the window had told them that if they made a call and left their phones on, it would ring when a monster was near them. Ae-cha hesitantly gave Hyun-soo his phone and they called each other, plugging in the earphones.

They had tapped the knife to Hyun-soo's stick which meant Ae-cha was left with no weapon. She looked around the apartment and grabbed the biggest pan she could find, feeling like Rapunzel as she held it above her shoulder.

Hyun-soo prepared to open the door when the sound of the pan falling to the floor made him stop and turn around to look at his friend. He gasped at the sight of blood gushing out of her nose endlessly much like he had earlier.

"Hyun-soo," She whimpered, bringing her hand to her nose but the blood slipped through her fingers.

The teenage boy rushed to her side, watching her with worry when guilt settled at the pit of his stomach. He had infected her...

"It's fine," he tried to reassure her, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her slightly so she would stop staring ahead blankly. He grabbed a towel and pressed it to her nose softly, trying to help stop the bleeding. "We need to go now, alright? The kids need us," He told her and she nodded numbly, pushing his hand away from her face.

She had stopped bleeding but her shirt and neck were stained with blood. She quickly wiped her skin but the fabric of her clothes was stained. Taking a deep breath, they stepped out of the unit. The hallway was silent and there were no signs of the woman or the thing with half a face. Ji-soo was nowhere to be seen either. Even if it looked like it was safe out there, the teenagers wasted No time outside and rushed towards their saviour's unit.

They stopped in front of the door and Hyun-soo knocked hesitantly. They heard the lock click but the door did not open so Ae-cha pushed it open and they stepped inside, not even looking if it was not a trap or something dangerous before she pushed her friend inside and closed the door behind them, fearing the monsters - she felt weird calling them that, but it was what they were, right? - would come back.

She removed her shoes quickly out of politeness before looking over at the man who had saved them from the eyeball monster. Her eyes were involuntarily drawn to his wheelchair which she could see from under his desk but she quickly looked back up at his eyes to not look impolite or rude. Hyun-soo did not seem to realize it because he was slightly taller and could not see it.