010.

010.

Eighteen Years of Friendship

Sweet Home

◈

When she woke up, Ae-cha was surprised to see she was not staring up at the ceiling of the game center. When Eunhyuk's face appeared over hers, she could not help but jokingly groan in annoyance, a slight smile appearing on her lips when he rolled her eyes.

"Good to see you didn't change at all after all those hits in the head," He spoke and she chuckled before sitting up, her hand going to her left breast where she could feel a new bandage. "Yuri patched you up," He explained and she nodded. "It barely missed your heart,"

"I'm lucky, I guess, huh?" She said, thinking back to the 'a monster is a monster' conversation.

"You could say that," He admitted, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

Ae-cha looked around the room to see that she was laying on a couch in the empty daycare. Seeing movement from the corner of her eye, she saw Hyun-soo walk into the room, holding two plates of food. She looked back at Eunhyuk, confused. Why weren't they confined?

"What's going on?" She asked with a nervous laugh, looking between the two boys.

"We decided to give you the choice to be quarantined or not," Eunhyuk said before looking over at the silent boy in the doorway.

"You were unconscious so I took the decision but-"

"It's fine," She cut him off before he could start rambling nervously.

"You should be alright," Eunhyuk told her, pointing at the bandage on her chest that was sticking out of her shirt. "You should eat something,"

She nodded before getting up and walking towards Hyun-soo who held out a plate for her. They walked past the supermarket where everyone else was eating and Ae-cha raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

"It felt suffocating with them," He explained simply and she nodded.

They walked down an empty hallway, staring down at the weird slop on their plates. When something moved in front of them, Ae-cha looked up at Sangwook who had stopped when he noticed them and she smiled at him, waving him over. He had saved her life, after all, she could at least try and be nice to him. But the man did not move.

Someone pushed past the three of them rudely, pushing Hyun-soo and Sangwook and Ae-cha snickered when they both glared at Mr. Ahn. The two turned around to leave when the older man stopped them.