014.

014.

Fuck Being Friends

Sweet Home

◈

This chapter might make some people uncomfortable (because of content that could be considered explicit but in my opinion, it's not that bad) you can skip that part but you might not understand future events if you do :/

When Hyun-soo found Ae-cha after the funeral, he felt his whole body relax. The small teenage girl was curled up into a ball at the end of the hallway leading to the back door, the farthest place from everything else that was still safe. As soon as he had seen her, he had started running towards her, his heart beating hysterically against his chest when he noticed the puddle of blood at her feet.

"Ae-cha," He called as he crouched in front of her, trying to pull her arms away from her knees to see her injury but she did not budge.

Ever since the incident in the elevator, she had been hiding over here, not wanting to have to face Ji-soo after having been the one to throw the fire that had killed him. She had been crying in the corner like this for hours, the wound on her stomach never healing fully.

"Ae-cha," Hyun-soo repeated, raising his voice slightly. "Everyone's looking for you," He informed her but she gave no sign that she had heard him. "What happened to you? Let me see," After a bit of effort, he managed to pry her hands away from her knees and he could no see the blood seeping through the cut on her stomach, staining her clothes. He gasped, trying to catch her eyes. "What happened? Why is it not healing?" He asked her but got no answer.

Hearing footsteps approaching, he looked over his shoulder and saw Sangwook approaching, relief appearing on his features when he saw the girl. Almost everyone had been looking for her for the past hour and they were getting worried she had left.

Seeing that Hyun-soo did not know what to do, the older man walked over to them and pulled the small girl into his arm, ignoring her cries of pain when he started running to find help.

"You found her?" Yi-keong exclaimed when she saw Sangwook run into the daycare with the girl in his arms. She had been the one who was the most worried except for Hyun-soo and Ji-soo because she feared that the girl had fled. If she had, the firefighter would have nothing to give the army in exchange for her fiancé's whereabouts.

"She's hurt," He told Eunhyuk who had just entered the room as he placed the young girl on the couch, her blood soaking the fabric of the old couch.

Both Eunhyuk and Hyun-soo rushed to her side, the former lifting her shirt to be able to see her injury while the latter grabbed her hand for support. The four not hurt people in the room looked in disgust as the cut healed itself only to be ripped open each time Ae-cha took a breath.