018.

018.

Rough Lips

Sweet Home

◈

I'm sorry lol

Hearing a whistle being blown, Ae-cha and Hyun-soo jumped to their feet and went to exit the room. But before they could, Wooi-myung grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her back. She tried to rip her hand from his grip but he held on tight.

"What does it mean?" He asked her.

"It means there's a monster," She said, realizing the irony as much as he did.

Finally managing to get out of his grip, she started running after Hyun-soo, hearing him and Yeong-su screaming at the end of the hall. The small boy was crying out for them to stop and when she turned the corner, she could see Hyun-soo doing the same.

"Stop it!" He yelled at Byung-il when Ae-cha arrived. "It won't attack us!" At his words, Ae-cha craned her neck to see a sort of green slime in a humanoid shape peeking out of the vent on the wall.

"Well, yes, but we-"

"You don't know how it will change!" Hye-in cried out dramatically.

"Shoot it! It's a monster!" Su-yeong screamed, holding her brother back who only cried harder.

"Stop! Don't do it!" The small boy cried and Ae-cha watched in terror and anger as Byung-il lit the makeshift flamethrower, burning the monster alive. "Stop it! Please!" His older sister finally managed to drag the struggling boy out of the room and as the eighteen years old girl watched who she thought were on her side, burn the harmless monster like it was nothing, she felt tears appear in her eyes.

She turned around and walked over to Wooi-myung who had come upon the scene and watched with almost the same expression. He looked less shocked but Ae-cha guessed it was because he was used to this, being discriminated for being a monster even if you did not harm others.

"I guess you were right all along," Hyun-soo spoke, staring at the older boy blankly. "Humans and monsters can't possibly coexist,"

"It can't be helped," Wooi-myung stated before walking over to a crying Yeong-soo.

Eun-yoo who had just run up on the scene slapped his hand away when he tried to reach for the boy, grabbing the kids' arms and ordering them to get up before leading them away from the three infected and Ae-cha felt her heart clench painfully. But before disappearing completely with the kids, Eun-yoo turned around and looked at Hyun-soo. "hey, even an outcast should be picky about new friends," She told him and Ae-cha clenched her fists tightly, her jaw popping.