013.

013.

Cutting Off

Sweet Home

◈

"I want you to cut my hair."

Those words were the first Hyun-soo spoke to Ae-cha the next morning.

She looked up at him from the leftovers of the breakfast she had cooked that morning and raised an eyebrow at him with red, puffy eyes. "What?" She asked, putting the leftovers into a plate.

"I want you to cut my hair," He repeated confidently and she chuckled.

"Alright," She shrugged. "Ji-eun!" She called when she saw the young girl walk past the shop. She stopped and looked back at her. "Bring this to Mrs. An," She instructed and the short-haired girl nodded quickly, grabbing the plate and leaving in direction of the game center.

After putting the dishes in the sink and grabbing a pair of scissors, Ae-cha followed after Hyun-soo towards the men's bathroom. There was no one inside luckily and soon, the snipping sound of scissors echoed around the empty room, dark chunks falling to the tiled floor.

"What made you want to cut your hair?" She asked him after a few minutes of silence during which he watched her in the mirror, smiling a bit at the way her tongue poke out of her mouth as she focused.

"I don't know... I needed a change," He shrugged, his new wool sweater scratching against his skin.

She slapped his shoulder, meeting his eyes in the mirror. "Don't move," She ordered and he nodded, earning another slap. Once she was done, they both stared at his new appearance in the mirror and Ae-cha smiled with nostalgia. "You look like you did before I moved," She told him, running her hands through his now short hair.

"Is it good or bad?" He asked her nervously.

"It's great," She told him, leaning down to kiss his jaw because it was all she could reach from behind him. "You look cute like this," She added, pinching his reddening cheek.

"Thanks," He mumbled, looking down at his lap as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

The door of the bathroom suddenly opened and both teenagers turned to face Sangwook who was standing in the doorway, an eyebrow raised as he saw them both. But he seemed to relax when he saw the scissors and the lumps of dark hair on the floor. He rolled his eyes.

"Eunhyuk wants us to go take down the sign on the roof," He told Hyun-soo who got up from the chair they had pushed in front of the mirror so Ae-cha did not have to stand on the tip of her toes as she cut his hair.