007.

007.

Taken over

Sweet Home

◈

When Ae-cha made it back to the game center, Mr. Han was already working on making the gate stronger. She saluted him and he sighed as he was forced to let her in, locking her up in the process. He was probably annoyed at Eunhyuk - who he had just met - for forcing him to lock up his friends.

Before she could get in, the older man grabbed her wrist and she flinched slightly, not liking when people - mostly men - grabbed her or touched her. Mr. Han, seeing her reaction, quickly removed his hand from around her wrist, watching her carefully.

"Sorry," He said quietly, having understood her reaction.

She chuckled nervously. "There's nothing to apologize for, sir," She assured him with a fake smile.

"Hey, kid," He called when she turned around to get in the game center. She glanced at him over her shoulder, uncertainty in her eyes. "You're not a monster, you know that right?" He asked her and she frowned.

"And how would you know that?" She muttered, looking down at the floor and hoping he had not heard. But he had and he could only watch as she walked inside, wondering what had happened to that sweet girl.

Hyun-soo jumped to his feet when he saw the girl enter the arcade, running to her side as if he had been waiting for her to come back ever since he had been locked in here. "Ae-cha," He breathed out in relief, checking her over multiple times before his hands fell on her cheeks, bringing her face closer to his. "I was worried,"

"I'm fine," She told him, forcing a smile on her lips.

Grabbing her shoulders, Hyun-soo lead her to a pile of old crates and made her sit down. He crouched down in front of her and lifted her pant leg, revealing the scratches on her ankle. "No, you're not," He accused, looking up at her with black eyes.

"This is nothing," She assured him, pushing his hand away. He grabbed her wrist roughly, his grip so tight he would probably leave a bruise, causing her to glance up at him in shock. "Hyun-soo, stop that!" She growled, feeling her own eyes wanting to turn, but she could not let the monster out because, for some reason, it wanted him dead.

"Who did this to you?" He shouted, getting up and pulling her to her feet as he did. She stumbled on her own feet a little bit, her eyes wide with shock and fear while her heart fought to keep the monster out.